1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When they don't text back...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by shamrockmut93, Oct 18, 2013.

1. I hate being at the mercy of other people to go out and have a life... they're always out doing their own thing with their other friends, and when I can join them I practically have to invite myself. Do they really just not care about me? I don't even know why I bother with people, I try to make real friends but things always fall through, mostly just because I'm too young to go out to the bar with them and I don't have a fake like everyone else. People are so damn superficial, I'd almost rather just be alone. I put too much energy into people who don't care nearly as much about me because they have closer friends, it's not even worth it. Just about every Friday night, I come to the same conclusion: you can't always win, get used to it.

I hate having to admit that to myself over and over again, I feel like I'll never have dependable friends who care enough about me to actually want my company. I used to have that, but things have changed due to a bunch of factors. It's really no one's fault, it's just the way things settled, but the shock of it has been hitting me hard and I've been waiting for it to get better, but times have been stubborn, and my luck has been exhausted.

2. Ruthven

Hey you gotta know that there's good peeps out there that'll love you and care enough about you enough to include you and everything, you know? You just haven't found them yet. You could drop your current friends like a bad habit right now and go find those awesomer individuals who will want your time and company just as much as you want theirs.

Maybe it'll take time to find these right friends, but considering the vast amount of people on this planet, it's very unlikely you won't ever have dependable good friends.

3. I know I'll probably have dependable friends in the future, but it's just so frustrating for me right now because this past year I had really close friends and we genuinely enjoyed each other's company, and they would always include me in things no matter what. We had to go our separate ways though, and it's been tough... compared to what I had last year I feel like I don't have anyone any more. All the friends I have belong to these tight circles of their besties, which makes it extremely difficult for me to be included in anything. Tonight I had plans with a group of friends, but I texted two of them and neither of them responded. Even my back-up plan isn't working all too well, I was supposed to hang out with another friend an hour ago. Well, that time came and went, so I texted him as well. He told me that he'd text me when to come over. That was more than an hour ago. I've done all I could do, but nothing works out for me... I just want better friends, and in a cruel way I want them to know that, but I won't say anything. They'll know when I've moved on.

4. MilansMele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aloha, SRM93
    Tight circles of friends aren't everything. All you need to find is one really good friend, and that's enough. Keep on keeping on and you'll get there. In the meantime, keep up with us. Milan