1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

misreading signs...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by srslywtf, Oct 18, 2013.

1. srslywtf

Total misread? Seems like it....

So i was shoppung in the city last night, i caught a glance with one of the shop assistants... he helped me quite a bit, then told me him and the other employees were going to a certain bar and i should stop by for a drink with him... then as i left the store he put his hand on my lower back as he said goodbye...

Anyhow, i never got to said bar, but i bumped into him later at a club (not gay\etc).. he recognised me and said hi, but completely blanked me besides a short conversation....

Now normally im pretty cynical when deciding whatt someone thinks of me, but id asked friends and they all said it sounded like a pretty sure sign...

Gah , such an idiot,.. how should i read a situation like that?

2. UIOP

He asked you to a bar with him and some of his colleagues - that might just be him being friendly. Touching your lower back, however... that's a pretty provocative act. Him being comfortable with touching you suggests to me that maybe there's something more there.

As for blanking you, I have no explanation. If he was talking to other people when you bumped into him or he was busy, then that would be a normal response. If he wasn't particularly busy (i.e. he was free to have a conversation with you), then maybe he was just being friendly earlier.

My opinion: he could be just very friendly or you may not have misread this situation at all.

3. Honestly, from how you described it, maybe he was just nervous when he saw you. He touched you on the lower back, and you didn't go out to the bar with him and his friends, so maybe he thought he took things too far? That's how I would think if I were in his shoes.

4. AKTodd

If you're interested, go back to the store when he's there and find an excuse to talk to him, being as discreet (or not) as he was when he invited you. Rather than being fully direct, just mention that something came up and you weren't able to go but you'd still like to grab that drink sometime. Be casual about it. Depending on his reaction you may get nothing out of it (in which case oh well and move on), or you might get a drink and some conversation (and maybe a new friend(s)), or you might ultimately end up getting breakfast in bed (or making it for him).

Since you didn't show up the first time he may have decided you weren't interested or are straight or didn't want to socialize. If he's an easy come/easy go type of guy that might explain the blanking, whether he wad just looking for a casual drink or something more.

My 2c worth,

Todd