1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heartbroken..

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Valyrian, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone.

So there's this guy(24), that i first saw in a gay club(he was the DJ) and i immediately felt something. Like some sort of connection, or a click.

Ofcourse, i wouldn't even dare talking to him because i'm a shy person, and i have this huge wall of defense around me, plus the fear of rejection. I knew what his Facebook account was because of a friend, but i only sent him a message so he could link me a mixtape of his. He replied, gave me the link and he also added me as a friend although he didn't even know who i am. We had some chit-chat, nothing really, just random stuff.

Then he told me he would be playing music on a Saturday night at the same club and i could go and say hello if i wanted to, i said that i might do that. I went there with my friend, but for some reason i was terrified, and i didn't talk to him, again. Next day, i texted him on facebook and said that i was there but i was afraid to talk to him and he was like "don't be...i don't bite!". Then i told him that i regret not talking to him, and that he looks like a really nice guy, helping me and all. He then said that he's in a relationship for about a year and a half, which, i expected.

Anyhow, we didn't talk for about 3 months, then after i went with my friend at the club again, we were sitting at the lobby and i saw him stepping out of the elevator. My heart started racing like, really fast. I was so glad to see him again, but he didn't see us and i didn't say anything this time either. We went into the club after a bit, i couldnt find him so i was just like "meh...". A few moments later my friend poked me and said "there he is" and i was like "now or never", so i poked him and he came towards me. Ofcourse he didn't recognize me because he never saw me before, not even my facebook pics. I explained to him who i am and he was like "ooh hello! how are you" and stuff like that. Then a minute later, he just left. We didn't even get to talk for a couple of minutes. I was a bit dissapointed to be honest.

The next day, we were walking down the street and there he is again! out of nowhere! He was like:

Him: Where are you going?
    Me: We're just looking for a place to go, not sure yet.
    Him: I'm going to this party, you can join us if you want.
    Me: We'll see..we'll take a look around first.

Ofourse, we did go, but we didn't sit next to them, we went a bit further. He didn't even look at us, or come to our table..i didn't want to bother them so i didn't go either. It turned out, after they left, that he indeed didn't notice us, or so he said. He left, then we left too.

I was like, "thats it, i should just stop". (mind you, i didn't know if he was into a relationship anymore since it's been more than 3 months).

When we went home, i had a text on my facebook and it was him. He actually sent me a text for the first time, since i was always the one that initiated a conversation, or at least tried to. We texted for about 2hours constantly...but i still couldn't believe that he actually talked to me..we never had more than few words in these past months. He said some things that made me feel really happy..special....you know :slight_smile: I could sit there and just keep texting the whole night..i wouldn't get bored of it.

I said that maybe we should meet someday for a coffee or something...he said that we really should. And we did, the next day. When i woke up in the morning, he texted me again with "good morning cutie" and stuff like that. That night, we went for a long walk, then for some tea and finally at his place. (he proposed it before we even met) He started kissing me which felt absolutely amazing,(yeah he's the 1st guy i REALLY kissed) and we kept kissing for literally 2 hours and at some point i felt that i couldn't even breath..lol. One thing led to another, but we didn't have sex, hell, i didn't even finish but i didn't give a damn, i was so happy, i think for the first time in my life. He's really cute, he has the most beautiful smile i've ever seen on a man and dimples...when he was close to my lips and kept smiling, i was just melting..i can't even describe it with words. After we were done, we cuddled and he put my head on his chest, his arm around me, he kissed me and we slept like that.

Next Saturday we went at the same club with his friends, enjoyed ourselves, and he started kissing me on the cheeck and then on the lips. He was like "i'm kissing you on the cheek and still get a boner, wtf" Frankly, i don't really like being kissed in public on the lips but at that moment, i didn't care, at all.

When we went at his place, the kissing part was even more intense, i was more relaxed, he was really passionate but even then, we didin't have sex although it looked like he was about to rape me lol.

From now on, it gets a bit weird for me. We kept texting but every couple of days or so he was also a bit busy, ofcourse. He kept saying about the stuff he wants to do on me during...u know! Anyway, i arranged to go for 2 days to where he lives (we live in different towns, like an hour and a half away) and the 2nd day we'd meet. He had to invite people for some parties and he said that he got carried away and completely forgot, so he had to cancel. I was a bit dissapointed but i got over it eventually. Then after 2 days, i told him i'd go to that party where he was DJing. I did, and was quite good although he was busy most of the time but i already knew that. Then after he finished we went to eat something and straight to his place. Thing is, he ate too much, and when we went to bed he was like "sorry to dissapoint you babe but all i want is to sleep now". I was like yeah...things like this also happen!. So we just cuddled and slept. Next is Saturday, i had to go back at my town to work but i was free afterwards so i traveled again, went at my friend and waited for his text to go out. A bit before midnight, he texted that he's not feeling very well and he's not coming and that he's sorry. He then said that he's going to bed so maybe he'd feel a bit better.

I was really dissapointed, because he canceled 2 times with within the same week, then the "i ate too much" thing. Yes, things like this happen but it still got me into thinking...and overthinking it..maybe i did something wrong, or said something wrong. We stopped texting on facebook..well we did every now and then but not so much..and the last friday at another party..it got more weird. When he finished, he asked if we(my friend and i) are going home, but i said i'm going with him..and he said "you're coming home with me? why didn't you tell me earlier..it's a bit messy" but when i asked if there's anything more into he said that we'll talk about it tomorrow, and that i can't go at his place tonight.

We went at the club after, and i was...off...like really sad and i was just kept thinking about what he said and what's going on. Shortly after we left, and he said "I can't stand seeing you like this, let's take a walk".

He said that he knows he's a bit "off" lately, and "in his own world"..and i should have expected this. He said that he's not really into a relationship atm, and he wanted to be completely honest about it and that he should say it now better than later. That i'm a really nice guy and guys like me are rare to find..maybe what i just wanted to hear..

This happened 2 days ago, and since then, i can't sleep(only 2 hours tops) i can't stop thinking about him and i can barely keep myself from bursting into tears. I know that i should move on, but i just can't. Despite the fact that we only dated for a little while, i think i fell in love with him and what he said completely destroyed me.

What i don't understand is, why so fast. He was so nice, passionate i had the feeling that he was really into me, then all of a sudden, he dropped the bomb. I don't know what to do, seriously, i don't.

Next Saturday there's a party where i'm also going to, he'll be playing music and his friends will be there, i'll be with them too(his best friend actually, who really likes me). He said he's fine with that.

I know that the chances of getting back with him are slim but i don't want to lose him from my life...call me selfish but i can't give up on him so easily. He's the best thing that happened in my life so far.

Any advice welcome.

I'm sorry for the wall of text.

p.s: I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes as English is not my native language.

sincerely,
    John

#1 Valyrian, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  2. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have already told you my advice, you need to take this slow and calm. I personally think that you shouldn't get your hopes high. I don't know what else to suggest. You may consider this bumping so other people will enlighten you with their experience, as your thread has fallen to the second page.

Everyone, give him some advice please.

3. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the bump Rice!

And yes, i think i'm gonna go with your advice and take it slow and as calm as i can be given the circumstances.

But i just can't help thinking all the time, "why"..it's actually killing me lol. I'll be damned if the line "It's me, not you" has ever worked on anyone, it's more like an easy let-down. On the other hand, it might be true, i honestly don't know. Maybe i just wasn't good enough for him and everything was a lie to begin with.

How can anyone be this passionate and sweet, and all the stuff i mentioned in my 1st post and then suddenly change, that's beyond me.

But i just get this feeling that i shouldn't give up on him yet..

4. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why does it have to be you? Why are you the reason it didn't work out? Why isn't he the idiot who doesn't know what he wants and drags people into relationship stuff only to push them away again? Don't be passive. You haven't done anything wrong. If you can't keep calm, at least be angry, not miserable. Try to distance yourself from the recent events and take an objective look. Given what you said, you are the one who got hurt in the end, and not him. Don't act like you are inferior to him, because you are not. You must value your own feelings more than his at the moment. If you manage to realize that, you will be one step closer to moving forward, which may be either with or without him.

5. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The reason i believe it was my own fault, is because, i know for a fact that 2 months ago, he was into a relationship for a year and a half but they broke up, for whatever reasons. And then when we accidentally met on the street, and he sent me that text after i went home a bit dissapointed for not talking to him, i told him that i was a bit surprised that he actually texted me first. He said that he expected that.

His exact words were "I just like you is all, and because people like you are rare to find, i've learned to express my feelings and say what i feel. Life is too short, there is no reason to wait."

After that day, everything was perfect up until well, it wasn't anymore.

And ofcourse i'm the one who got hurt in the end, since he was the one to end up things, not me. Before we even got into a relationship. We "dated" in total 3 times. All of them perfect, or at least thats what i thought. And from what he said, he REALLY wanted to have sex with me and was really excited about it. If only you could read his texts. And before we even got to that point, everything changed.

Do you see now why i am so upset about it?

#5 Valyrian, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  6. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh come on... You gave me some pretty good reasons why he might be interested in a long term relationship, but that has nothing to do with you. I understand that for the first time in your life, something amazing was about to happen, but instead everything came crashing down. However, I think you are carried away by your expectations.

I will tell you how I see your story:
    Guy A (that's you) falls into guy B (him). Guy B was having a relationship, so he wasn't available, but then he breaks up and turns to A. He amazes A with very sweet words and intimate moments. A quickly falls in love with him. But then, B suddenly realizes he doesn't want to proceed to a relationship with A, despite him being so romantic this whole time. So, he takes everything back and says in a "gentle" manner to A that they are over. So A is devastated and seeks advice.

So tell me what did you do so wrong? I am not trying to put all charges on him, but to make you see you are innocent. You have the right to be upset, but be sure to understand why you are upset. It's because you believed in him but were betrayed, not because this whole mess is your fault. You might say that it is your fault because you fell for him. That may be acceptable. But other than that, you have no excuse blaming yourself.

I can understand that it all stinks. I am just trying to build up your self confidence. Then you will be able to talk to him face to face and ask him what his final decision is. That's all you can do in my opinion.

7. fortheloveoflez

My personal opinion is that he used you as a rebound. It's awful and I'm sorry that you're so sad. Unfortunately a lot of people do this especially after a break up so that they could feel better about themselves.

I think your infatuation to him has clouded your perception; you tend to think you're to blame when in reality I'm pretty sure it's just this DJ.

I'd suggest not pursuing him too much...the reason is, is because you don't want to allow him to keep leading you on and instead you should move on. You deserve respect which I don't think this guy gave you when he was hot and then cold. Don't give him the satisfaction of being his personal puppy who he could throw around.

I've been led on like that multiple times before. I've also blamed myself because my "love" was perfect in my mind. It's no fun.

Hope you can find some one better.

8. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He had no idea i was actually into him because we never actually met in person. And when we talked on facebook, we only exchanged a few words, but just random stuff really. Then i approached him so i could introduce myself, but that only lasted a minute. And then, when i saw him after 5 days, he was the one that initiated a conversation on Facebook and that's where everything began. But yeah, this is pretty much what happened Rice, the way you describe it.

I already know what his final decision is, i don't really have to ask him. Since he said that a relationship isn't working for him atm, there's not much i can do really. What i can do, is just go to that party @ Saturday, hang out with his friends, (well they're already my friends, kind of, and his best friend actually invited me there)
    since he'll be busy playing music and later on we might go to another club, and he'll probably join too so i'll see how is he going to act around me.

I just wish that he'd tell me that night, if the realm problem was:

a) He's not into a relationship at the moment because he's "in his own world" or
    b) He's not into a relationship with ME.

Because if it was for a, there could be still a possibility in the future but if it was b, then i would stand no chance at all. I guess if i wasn't semi-drunk that night, i could've handled it better.

@fortheloveoflez: Although i don't believe that this is true (the rebound), it's still possible, yes. Thing is, i really believed he was different , and that's based on what i was seeing when we were together and based on what he said the 1st time we really talked.

I really want to know the truth, but i don't think that confronting him about it is a very good idea. Plus, what he said so far, might be indeed the truth...that he's not into a relationship atm, and that's not my fault.

Yet again, "Hot and cold" is just cruel, giving someone so much hope and then crushing him in an instant it's just....wrong.

Thank you both from the bottom of my heart, i truly appreciate it that you're trying to help me through this.

9. June Cleaver

If he is not a creep and was just using you and by chance you did do something to mess this up this is what I get from reading your posts. One problem I see is you seem to want it too bad which makes you seem desperate which may have made things too real too fast which tends to make guys get cold feet. You just jumped into love mode right away! You should have been in the getting to know who you are mode and let him chase you a bit. Not been so available.

Now me and my partner both experienced love at first sight at the same moment, but neither knew it about the other feeling it for 4 years. See he watched me during that time and saw what a amazing woman I am by watching me with his cousin (my ex), wishing he had me. He just did not know I felt the same way about him as I kept my ex for 3 more years to stay close to him never letting on I loved him until he came to me 1 year after my ex and I broke up and then I made him work for it for months before he sent me a letter letting me know he wanted to be with only me. Yep too shy to ask in person! Though he pretty much was mine already... During those 4 years it was torture for me, especially that last year alone trying to get over him. So I do understand, but you must understand relationships must build slowly in most cases to make it lasting.

If I were you, I would move on and find someone available. It is hard to do that with your first crazy lust experience. You won't know if it is real love until it stands the test of time, until then assume it to be lustful desire. To put it bluntly; lust fades, love stays! Good luck, June

10. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello June!

Yeah, i might want it too bad but i never really showed it to him. And i doubt it was going too fast since i was only seeing him once a week, we live in different towns anyway. Also, i was waiting for him to send a text first, otherwise i would initiate a conversation but we only talked about once per 2 days so....you get the point :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Do you think i should have taken it even slower than that....? Furthermore, he was the one that said "Life's too short, there is no need to wait." I only acted based on what he said and how he was treating me in the very beginning.

About what you said with your partner, which i find really sweet, i also said in my first post that when i saw him for the first time, it just clicked to me. So maybe i should restraint my feelings for now and just be his friend, and see if we get to know each other better as friends, and maybe, just MAYBE get together again? I know it's a long shot but still..

Best regards!

11. sosickofmyex

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Sounds to me like he just has the "club" mentality. Most people who frequent clubs are really not into being into a relationship! They just want to be free willed and not be tied down to anybody. He probably wanted to get with you! And that's all he wanted!

My advice to you is to drop him. He will only continue to hurt you. Is there another club that you and your friends can go to???

12. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you maybe didn't read my whole post :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No, he doesn't have that mentality, and i know for a fact that he's been in at least 1+ year relationships, so it's not the issue here.

I really am trying to forget him, but i just can't. And i also need some closure, like the REAL reason why this suddenly happened, the whole truth, and then i might drop it.

It's not a huge town, and there's only 1 dedicated club and a few bars, that's it. Why would i have to change the club anyway..just because of him? :slight_smile:

13. PalestrinaMX

I've had something similar happen, so I know what it's like to be lead on. I know you probably don't see it now, but the hurt does pass. It took me a while, but I am almost there :slight_smile:.

14. sosickofmyex

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm going thru an issue with my ex where she completely shattered my heart. This is a girl whom I've known for 30 years and after a lot of time had passed, we started dating. No sooner than we started dating, she started cheating! She did not care how badly it hurt me and worst of all...She continued cheating! Which caused me to become very angry. Then she broke up with me, blaming me, blaming my anger for the demise of our relationship. The was supposedly someone who loved me! And she did me wrong!

So what I would say to you is this...If you notice red flags? There's probably a good reason for you to stay away from this guy. He's only going to keep on hurting you. I saw a lot of red flags with my ex and I never headed these warnings. Now I'm in a great deal of pain! You don't want to go thru that! Trust me! So your best bet is to truly try and get over him. And the way you do that is by keeping yourself busy, stay away from places where this guy is and whenever you start to think about him? Force yourself to block these thoughts. Only time will help you forget about him.

Honestly, I think you fell for this guy too soon and you fell hard! If I can succeed at getting over my ex whom I've known for years, you can certainly get over this guy! Its just going to take a lot of determination on your part and time!

15. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @PalestrinaMX: Yeah...it really is...a shitty sitaution.

@sosickofmyex: I'm really sorry for what's happening with your ex. I know it really hurts, especially with someone who's been a really long time with you. The only difference is that he blamed noone but himself. (well not really blamed)

And i'm also trying what you're suggesting, when i'm thinking about him, especially the really good times (as limited as they were) we had, almost every time i'm reduced to tears. And trust me, i'm trying to block the thoughts, but it's just really hard for me since this happened like 6 days ago.

Maybe i shouldn't have fallen for him too soon and too hard, but it's not like i could control my feelings. Maybe i am just that naive, and falling for the wrong people, all the time.

Thank you both and take care!

16. June Cleaver

You point out he just got out of a 1+ year relationship which is a huge red flag! He had not had the time to decompress and get his head right to not get into a rebound relationship. He could take his ex back at any time as they did have a relationship and quite often we get back with a ex within a month or two to try again. I for example took my last ex back 3 times though he abused me worse than any of the others. Just thinking when he said you can't come over the ex may have been there or coming later. Or a different club guy altogether. Something was fishy about that for sure.

Now what I meant by too fast is not the amount of time, but your being so madly in love with this guy, it had to show to him that you were too eager. Did not make him work for it, but I'll bet you just gave it too freely which can make you seem a bit desperate which is a big turn off to most guys..... To you, it just felt normal and right, but you may have come off (for lack of a better word) pushy and that is a definite turn off for most guys, especially for someone just ending a relationship because most don't want to have an instant new relationship before they have had that adjustment period.

Guys need to feel in control of their lives if they are the dominate type. None of us have met this guy to know his inns and outs. It does sound as if that ship has sailed though, so you should move on and find someone more available. Good Luck! June

17. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @June: He broke up with his ex in July, and we started dating at September 27th, so that's around 3 months. I'm pretty sure he had his adjustment period.

Then again, if you don't feel like going into a relationship again that "soon", then you don't just give false hopes to someone, being so sweet and passionate, then suddenly you take it all back. That makes you an asshole.

And like i said before, i wasn't pushy, at all. I was giving him his space, and i was only seeing him like once, maybe twice a week...that's pushy...? In almost an entire month we only met each other 3 times. I would only text him like "goodmorning" or "goodnight" or "how are you" and stuff, but that's once every a couple of days, not all the time. And sometimes he texted me instead.

Thank you once again for your advice, June.

18. June Cleaver

I was only suggesting, grasping at straws really trying to think what might have gone wrong. After all you did not post copes of your texts or give us every detail. In reality I have to conclude he is simply a A-hole who played you and probably is doing the same thing to the next guy.... Be glad you did not put out! as it would be just that much worse on you.

I can say when we want something passionately, it is hard to contain. Pushy is not the right word, but the closest I could think of. When we want something badly, we tend to latch onto it, trying to make it ours and the reaction is involuntary. I am quite sure if you are in fact totally in love/lust with this dude, he consumes your every waking moment. That shows in little ways which you may be unaware you are projecting.

Others see us differently than we see ourselves. Just think how you feel when you see yourself on video or hear your voice on tape. It never sounds right or looks right to us because it is a different angle of seeing yourself than the 1st person looking from the inside out. I know I think "is that what I really look like?". That is why I say to you to your actions just felt right and natural, but to him who knows how he saw you and he may have been scared of the idea of a instant BF. That is all I was trying to say before, but I get that he obviously is just a creep and you did nothing wrong to push him away.

All you can do is move on...... June

19. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Once again June, you explained everything perfectly, i really like reading your replies. I like your way of thinking!

Maybe the only mistake that i did is that i told him how i really felt about him. On our 2nd date, after we made out and had some pillow talk after, we were cuddled and i told him that a few nights before we actually met in person, i saw him entering the club and my heart literally stopped just by seeing him. (okay well not literally!) And he said "i'm glad you told me". And that i really like him. But it's not like i said "let's be BF's!"

Ah well...in my head, i've thought of almost every single possible reason why this has gone wrong. Guess i'll never know.

And maybe you are right, maybe i should just try and move on because by not letting go all i'm going to accomplish is more pain.

I really wanted to at least stay his friend...oh well...

#19 Valyrian, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  20. June Cleaver

Well, I can tell you the friend thing has never worked for me. My most recent being my FWB from last year. He is an amazing man 32yo and oh soooooo handsome! We were friends for about 4 years, as he was my ex's friend growing up. We can talk for hours about anything without stop while BBQing or playing cards. We used to hang out all the time. Well last year he was ending a 6 year relationship with a woman and was here every day and was in need of sex and I was single, so it just made sense to become FWB. I knew he was aiming in the direction of relationship which was fine, but he wanted to set himself up and take time to get his head right and get his 3 children. I helped by giving him my spare Volvo, spare furniture once he bought a place and even cash to help him get all the down payments and things done. All gifts with no payback expected as I have plenty. He was wanting me at his new place every night till late which was out of the ordinary as he has to go to work a 4:30AM. Then Mike came on the scene knowing we were getting serious and wasted no time locking me in. Several weeks went by and I was juggling both men not knowing what to do as I am in love with both of them, but Mike more. So I picked Mike though the other had so much more to offer me ie, better paying job, the ability to be mom to his 3 children under 10 which is a big deal to me, to most he is way better looking, and it could go on. Once I told him that Mike and I had started a relationship he dropped me quickly and got with the next woman he found...... Now we don't even talk but every once in a while which sucks!

Defiantly don't tell a guy how you feel in the beginning! Let them work for it, wondering, trying, aspiring. It is a process that builds like building blocks. If you put the top stone on a pyramid without building the center, it has nowhere to rest and will fall to the ground floor! As there would be no foundation to support it. In a real sence relationships are like building a pyramid. The foundation comes first, than the rows of blocks narrowing as it builds and then finally the top piece. Think of the top piece as being in love living happily ever after and the body of blocks being all the things you experience together and all the things in common and time to grow together and memories made while getting closer as a couple. Then as the rows of blocks are narrowing as you get closer to the top, hence you get closer as a couple, and the foundation is your friendship which every good relationship is built on. I hope that analogy makes sense. I would say a lot of the problem rests on him, because he could have just took it slow had he had a serious interest. It sounds like you are doing better accepting you need to move on though it is painful. If you ever want to talk, just let me know! June