1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my friend coming on to me?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by nicklenfent, Oct 20, 2013.

1. nicklenfent

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have this friend who I've known for some years, and he's younger than me. The thing is, he's always told me about his girl problems and things like that, and I've always helped him, so I can see that he really enjoys spending time with me.
    However, there is the booze factor, and whenever he drinks, I feel that pretty strong sexual tension. The other day we were at a party and he was wasted, he told me he couldn't make a move on this hot girl who was actually into him and everything. Later that night, we went to my house and he was in my bed, but nothing happened.
    On another occasion, we were talking on the couch, and it was pretty dirty, and we weren't as drunk as the other time. The more we talked, the more he responded (sitting closer, making more and more eye contact,etc) and suddenly, two other guys arrived. My friend joked, saying they interruped our make out session.
    There was even another instance where he just felt the need to show me some skin.
    My problem is, I don't know if he actually wants it, since he only does these things when he's drunk. He doesn't know I go both ways, and I'm already into another guy. Everyone in my school is still in the closet, so people (me included) aren't exactly ready to come out, so it's difficult to tell.
    Is he going for something other than being a goofball? I don't know if I'd hook up, he's totally hot but he's a really good friend and I have my eyes on someone else.
    Please help!!

2. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, asking him straightforward will be kind of uncomfortable for him and risky for you (as you haven't come out). One thing you could try is asking indirectly when he is wasted again. Something like "Dude, are you hitting on me?". Or you could make an observation when you get too close "aren't we tight here?". But you should sound amused, not serious.

3. nicklenfent

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's pretty good, thanks.
    I've been thinking and I would actually go for it if he really wanted it, I know the guy very well and he wouldn't make a big deal out of it. I'm just undecided when it comes to having feelings for the other guy, I mean, if it were the same situation, but with girls, I wouldn't hesitate to hook up with someone I wasn't into. I also know it isn't bad to hook up even if you're not into the person just because they're from the same sex, I just feel weird about it...