1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I attract weird people

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by shamrockmut93, Oct 20, 2013.

1. People generally tend to think that I'm shy before they get to know me. I don't feel shy, in fact I like people's company and it's something I really enjoy, but I'm quiet. I don't try to avoid contact with people, if anything I would love it if more people approached me, but I think my quietness makes me look weird. I think that's why I attract weird people, both as friends and as people who are interested in pursuing a relationship with me. They're the only ones who don't feel uncomfortable approaching a seemingly anti-social person. Don't get me wrong, I like my friends, even the weird ones, but they can sometimes be annoying or embarrassing in public, which doesn't exactly help me to make more friends who I can better relate to. I feel bad, because a better version of myself would embrace this even though it's not quite what I'm aiming for, but I've become impatient. I've also become jealous, not quite as bad as recently but I still feel it a lot.

I just read this over... it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I'm tired and I already typed all this up so, whatever. I really just wanted to write down my thoughts, it helps my mind settle. Comment if you can relate... good night EC

2. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well no one is really ever "normal." Does "normal" even exist? Granted you do have people that are a bit more odd than what we are used too but I think it makes it all that more interesting. You said your quiet; maybe you should initiate the conversations from time to time.

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Join the club! I'm quiet myself, and people often comment on it, which annoys me. I only have a handful of friends, who I see about once a week, on weekends. Most of them are a good couple of years older than me and they're all outgoing and bubbly, so I'm the odd one out. People who don't know me, think I'm a stuck-up snob. Couldn't be further from the truth. If only I was as talkative offline as I am online (sometimes), my life would be so much simpler

4. Yeah, one of my friends told me one time they used to think I was stuck-up before they knew me. That felt good...

5. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol, tell me about it, @ OP.

My friends used to think about me exactly like that, too.

6. sammy1

I can relate, I'm a really quiet person but love peoples company for the most part AAAAAND I attract really creepy guys! And also attract strange people I consider friends but I don't mind having strange friends, although, I do have this one friend who does embarrass me and we have NOTHING in common whatsoever but we still do hang out often enough lol

7. SilentCreatures

Shyness is often confused with being quiet. They are linked but not entirely.

8. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well i am both shy and quiet. And people tend to think i'm some kind of snob, which i'm not. I'm just a closed type of person. But once you get to know me well enough, you will realize i'm not a stuck-up asshole.