1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it wierd that i like to feel pretty?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Daniel777, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Daniel777

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Often when I am upset or really bored I like to grab a dress or some tight pretty pants and out makeup on. I makes me feel good and I like how they look. I mean I'm not wanting to wear them all the time or anything like that maybe not even in public but, when I am in my house just doing whatever I like to feel pretty. When I was always lying to myself about being gay I was a Goth and my favorite thing to do when invited to a party or just to something special was to get all dolled up. with finger nail paint cover up with the eye liner and lipstick a little mascara(sp). back then it was okay to people because I was gothic but now it's weird when people find out I like to get dressed up. any perspective on this conundrum?

2. Joey4

I used to find that some of the goth or scene kids I knew of came to be gay and I thought it was a strange transition to make. But having read your post, it kind of makes sense. It's like be hidden in plain view. Here, you've always wanted to dress up and be amongst society and this was the way to do it.

My opinion, do what makes you happy. If you do it at home, maybe you want to do it in public, but are concerned about how you'll be perceived by others. Maybe slowly transition from your current appearance into how you dress in private, but publically.

Are you not goth anymore? How do you dress now?

3. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I don't believe there is anything wrong with getting dressed up. Your not hurting anyone. Do what makes you feel good. Take care!

4. Ruthven

Yeah, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Anyone can wear whatever they want and all that, you know?

Society really fails on individuality and everything, but that shouldn't stop us all from being ourselves! (!)

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quoted for truth, but there's also this: You're on a site all about acceptance and understanding, and you expect a different answer to "Is it weird?" I just think your nervousness is misplaced. :slight_smile:

I'd never admit it in person, but I love to feel pretty. It just doesn't happen every day hehe.

6. Daniel777

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No I stopped dressing like that when I became a can and father I felt it wasn't how I should look then but idk I still but make up and hide it in my bathroom for a rainy day to cheer me up and I like colorful make up more then black and white but on occasion I still get all gothed up to go out but not very often.