1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on how to start?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Case, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Case

Currently DE. Also, FL, NV, AL and California!
    So, I finally told my two friends that I think I'm interested in women. So where do I begin? Anyone have similar experiences on getting out there? I don't know where to start in trying to discover if I am really attracted to women. I don't want the other person to think I'm experimenting and hurt their feelings, but in a way I am. I don't like hurting or offending people. I try to avoid those types of issues in life. So how do I put myself out there to really figure out what my sexual orientation is? I've been sort of out of the dating field since I was 18. Never had time when I was in college, and now my job likes to keep me moving. Any advice or tips would be very appreciated!!

2. tex st

tex st Guest

There really is no perfect way to do this – just taking a first step like this is a huge thing already!

What I did for myself was make a (journal) list and try and see what kind of guys I felt the most comfortable in the past (sometimes what we really like and what we THINK we like is not the same thing), so you have a sense what kind of person fits you well.

(What qualities do you really like in a girl? What were the girls liked you might have liked in the past? What kind of attributes did they have?) Being aware of what kind of person works well with you helps a lot

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tex st gives good advice

I'd just like to add, honesty and good communication is key here. You need to be upfront about what you're going through and tell them that you're still figuring things out and finding yourself. And be sure to mention that you only recently came out. That way they know where they stand, and you'll have time to figure things out. Good luck :thumbsup:

#3 Ruby Dragon, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013