1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Same Sex Crush?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Tzoa, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Tzoa

Hey everyone.

I recently found out I am attracted to women, and now have a serious crush on a girl in one of my classes. She's smart, outspoken, funny as hell, and she's also attracted to women. I know this because she's said that she's in a serious relationship with another woman. Sigh.

Today was super weird and confusing and I really wanted to talk to her. But as soon as I went up to her I realized I had nothing to talk about, so after stumbling through an embarrassing conversation about the class I fled.

I know she's with someone, so I'm not here saying, "How do I get her to like me?" or anything like that. It's not that I want to date her, I just wanted to have someone to talk to, someone who's most likely been where I've been.

This is the first real crush I've had on a woman, and I was just wondering how all of you dealt with your first same sex crushes. I've had crushes on men before, this this feels completely new and confusing.

2. frostedflakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations on your first crush! :slight_smile: You cannot get someone to like you. You cannot force someone to like you.

3. Dented

Mine went downhill pretty fast after he casually mentioned his girlfriend in a conversation. At least I didn't have to deal with telling him about the crush though.

4. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was confusing but it also felt natural when I realized my first crush on a girl. Of course my crush was straight but I started to look at other girls to see what I liked and how I felt when I thought of having a relationship with a girl. When I did that I quickly noticed I was verry attracted to girl and the thought of being in a relationship with one felt natural to me. Maybe you should do that. Compare guys and girls and see what how you feel, what attracts you, and who you can see your self with in the future. Who knows maybe it's just that one girl for some reason has been able to get your attention, maybe your Bi, but one thing for sure is nothing has to be definite.

5. wanderinggirl

Oh man, my first two (adult) crushes on girls were on a straight girl and a very taken gay girl. I was in the same group of friends with the straight girl, and whenever I got drunk I would get a little uh, handsy, and I felt awkward about it. But with a lot of self-restraint i stopped and moved on; I'm still friends with her but I'm completely over the crush. It was just fun for a while, and as you put it, new and confusing.

I found that dealing with it was really hard. I talked about it a lot with people i trusted, many of whom didn't totally get it, and I wound up feeling kinda lonely. But as I worked it out and got over her, things got easier. It was really hard in the beginning though, a pretty isolating experience.

You cannot get someone to like you, but you can be her friend. There's no guarantee that she'll one day reciprocate your feelings, but maybe she's super cool to talk to... and potentially knows other cute girls...

This is a good thing! Don't overthink it. Just enjoy.

6. JDG

JDG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Channing Tatum was mine! From watching She's The Man, straight after that I watched Dear John and over films of his.

7. Tzoa

Thanks! And I know I can't get anyone to like me, and I especially wouldn't try to with someone who's in a relationship. I have no intentions of pursuing anything with this woman I like, but I can't help but like her.

8. RollTide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian