1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homophobic friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by nichison, Oct 23, 2013.

1. nichison

So my friend finally decided to tell me what he really thinks of me. Me and him are big friends of a youtuber called TheAmazingAtheist (TJ as he will be referred to). Well i told him that TJ was bisexual like me and he completely lost his shit. He told me, and i quote (strong language ahead) "Fuckers like you and him are the reason this world is going to shit! This country needs to be like back in the 70s when fags like you would get beat to death and thrown in a dumpster!" He walked away after that and i heard him mutter "fuckin faggot." Im so hurt that someone who i considered a good friend would say this. I dont know what to do because he one of my only friends.

2. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, sounds like a hell of a friend. I'm sorry to tell you this but, to me it sounds like he never truly was your friend to begin with.

I'm sorry that you had to experience this, but honestly, you'll be better off without him. You should find people that accept you for who you are, and not based on your sexual preferances.

(*hug*)

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I had a friend well ex friend do that to me once He pretended to be accepting of my sexuality just to hop into bed with me but I didn't sleep with him and rejected him . And in front of my friends he said nasty and homophobic stuff to me . I was so hurt but i'm glad that he is no longer in my life .

4. Techno Kid

How can you like an anti establishment youtuber like that and be a complete homophobe??

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. :frowning2: *hugs* and I agree with Valyrian I don't think he really ever was your friend.

5. confused1234

I would have hit him, but that's just me.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Where do people even adopt such hatred? But you know what, you could have defeated him with the question, "What's so bad about it?" Asking for justification of anti-gay sentiments leads almost directly to either skewed/flawed arguments, or circular logic, aka "it is because it is."

I wouldn't expect him to change his mind if you did get him to think, but it would put a crack in that self-righteous shell he's built around himself.

7. nichison

Well i just talked to him on the phone and gave him sort of an ultimatum. I told him directly, I am who I am, and if you don't like it you can fuck off. Ill see what he says next time we talk.

On the plus side, he did apologize. Even if it was a shit apology.

8. Tzoa

I agree with Valyrian. If this person has held such hatred for gay and bi people then I don't think he was ever a really good friends. Friends stand by each other, support each other, and defend each other. It sounds like he has done none of that.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. There are a lot of awesome, open-minded people out there that you can be friends with.

9. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What a douche!

Anyway I say good riddance. You don't need people like that in your life. If he was a good friend he would stick by you no matter what. It's not about gender, sexuality, race, or ecnomic status; if your a good person and a good friend then that is all that matters. I'm sorry that he said all that to you. (&&&)

10. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    He's probably gay himself lol

11. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Whoa, did someone say "The Amazing Atheist"? I was traumatized by the time he stuck a banana up his...:eek: Never mind. I'm still a fan of his channel.
    Anyways, I don't think you should throw away this friendship yet. See what happens first. If he still doesn't accept you, then don't talk to him for a while. To cut off all contact with someone is pretty extreme.
    He'll come around eventually, if he really is a friend.

12. PyroSpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Drop him. He's not a friend. At all. The fact that he has the CAPACITY to say half of what he said, shows that.

Also this.

---------- Post added 24th Oct 2013 at 05:31 PM ----------

"when fags like you would get beat to death"

...Um.

13. seal131

I have a friend who quit Boy Scouts simply because they began to allow homosexuals into their organization. It didn't take me long to realize that people who won't accept you for who you are aren't worth your time anyway.

14. Tzoa

I was just about to say that. If someone wishes you to be violently murdered, they are not a friend.

15. Californiacoast

Yeah the dumpster comment kinda makes me wanna beat the shit out of him. (miss my football and rugby days) Dude, with friends like that, who needs enemies? I put up with redneck attitudes like that growing up in the dirty South. No more.

16. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its sad. But what can you do?

I've had a similar experience. My best friend of around 6 years never talked to me again when I confided in him that I was gay.

Its hurtful and unfair but fuck those morons.