1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out denied

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bsolitaire, Oct 23, 2013.

1. bsolitaire

so I knew I was gay at 16 (but sort of intuitively at 4) and came out to my mom last night at age 25..shes said im not sure since I never had a gf or bf and im still young...

I really thought this was a brave thing to do, but I feel like I didn't come out at all..anyone whose parents reacted the same way?

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi bsolitaire,

This is a common reaction. No, you do NOT need to have a GF to prove it. You know how you feel, you know how you've felt since you were 4. The cat is out of the bag, your mom is simply in denial.

You. Came. Out. = Congratulations!!!

3. Amerigo

my dad, despite acknowledging that i can't change my orientation, persists in begging me to try and see what it's like with a girl.

my parents have forbidden me to come out. since they are the only two people i have in this world that are of worth, all i feel i can do/handle is to obey them. it pains me greatly.

but one word of advice, they may douse your outer pride, don't let them take away that inner pride. you did the right thing by coming out.

4. acali505

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know for sure that my mom's reaction would be terrible if i come out to her. Basically, she would say that i am possess, call me names, tell every relatives, and lastly disown me. It sucks to be me, which is why i hate who i am but hey at least your mom didn't react that way.

5. Ruthven

Yeah, same thing over here. My mum thinks you have to be in a relationship/have sex to know your sexuality/gender.

Of course, she's dead wrong, but no matter what you say she won't listen to reason. :rolle:

6. apostrophied

Yup, that's pretty much what happened to me. If she doesn't start actually believing you, you will most likely have to come out all over again whenever you have a girlfriend and are "sure." Fun fun fun. But that's parents for you, we love them anyway, right? Sorry you have to go through this. :frowning2:

7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I told my parents I was bi, they at first weren't sure what I meant, and then were convinced that it was some sort of a cop-out because I'd given up on my ability to date girls. I'm just like "on what planet is being LGBT a cop-out?!?" I know they love and support me; the understanding part is still a work in progress