1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't stop thinking about this woman!!!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by kessiej, Oct 24, 2013.

1. kessiej

I really can't stop thinking about this older woman I see on the street. I know I must sound like a stalker or something but she's driving me crazy and I don't know what to do about it. I see this older woman(late 30's) as I walk to work in the morning, and she always goes out of her way to get eye contact with me and smile, I smile back but its a really awkward smile and not the sort of smile that let's her know I like her.

Anyway I don't get to see her every day and I'm starting to think about her...a lot. Weird I know, cos I've never even spoke to her, so I just haven't a scooby what to do or how to speak to her, or even if I should speak to her. Maybe she's just being friendly???

I have been walking to work for about 8months now and didn't notice her, so I'm just thinking that she's liked me and tried to get my attention in some way???

Pease help...I'm totally confused!!!

---------- Post added 24th Oct 2013 at 09:28 AM ----------

Oh an by the way I'm a young looking 26, with a tomboy-femme look...

2. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Just because she smiles at you doesn't necessarily mean she like you. It's just the way people greet each other.

If you're that obsessed with her, I would advise you to ask her out now. You'll suffer from the infatuation either way, but at least you will find out. I don't know if she will snub you or not, but the body language seems to indicate that he won't, although there's no way to be sure.

I don't have enough information to make a through evaluation of whether he likes you or if she's' just being friendly. I have a good intuition though and it's too bad for you that I can't watch you because I would be able to glean whether she like you or not if I could.

When you introduce yourself say something along the lines of, "Hi' I'm (enter your name) and i see you on my way to work everyday." That'll give you something to talk about, as well as make the conversation less awkward. Don't use a cliche like 'Hi How are you' because that will only evoke a cliche response and she'll say Okay I guess. Then the conversation will become awkward, so avoid that by talking to her in a more personal, specific way.

3. kessiej

Hey Lapras, thank you for your reply. I did stop and think that she might just be being friendly, but then the other day I was chatting on my phone and just happened to glance at a passing car( the woman in question was walking towards me) and she looked at the car, then at me, put her head down and gave a sort of embarrased smile. From then on I began to think that maybe she could be interested.

I shouldn't assume, but I do think she's straight, and maybe is a bit curious. So I don't mind if she's just looking for friendship or even something more...

I'm off work for a week, starting next Mon, so think I'm gonna take your advice and ask her out, maybe for a coffee, nothing too heavy. Or I mite just tell her I totally have a major crush on her an give her my number-that way it's up to her...???