1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushing on another straight guy...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by shamrockmut93, Oct 24, 2013.

1. As the title suggests, I've developed yet another straight crush. He's everything that I've ever wanted in a partner, but I could never expect him to be interested in me. Also, he gets really affectionate with my one female friend, who also likes him, and that always makes me feel depressed. It's not fair, I feel like I'll never get to date someone who I have feelings for. Everyone just expects me to settle for any gay guy, and it doesn't help that my one friend keeps trying to pressure me into dating her weird guy friends... I feel like it's inevitable that I'm going to have to settle, no one who I like has feelings for me. It just makes me so angry... is this really too much to ask? It's almost like pursuing a crush is a privilege that is off-limits to me, I don't understand why, I just want what all my friends have. It makes me feel so pathetic, I'm 20 years old and I've still never been involved with anyone.

By the way, I don't usually think about this all the time, until recently I was actually feeling pretty alright, it's just something happened last night that triggered these feelings again... sometimes I really just hate being me.

2. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'vd had straight crushes they suck. But its about being able to let go (which I know can be hard). I usually go crush on someone else that tends to sort the other crush out. Try and talk to your crushes. Yes most will be either straight or not for you. But eventually you might meet something and the failed times will only make that time more special. If your fed up of guessing people's sexuality you can try online dating. Don't despair though I sure that sometimes it's great being you.

3. bipoly

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I used to get a straight crush on almost every man that that I got close to (as in space, not feelings). The guy that worked with me in my department for a week. The best friend of my best friend, the guy at the gas station, the guys I worked with at my other job. I couldn't stand it, I hate it, and I didn't know how to get rid of them. I still don't, and I still get them at 41 y/o