1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eye makeup

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BookDragon, Oct 24, 2013.

1. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So on Saturday morning I can tell my sisters that I'll be Holly from now on and then I can start practising my make-up skills!

I know their are a million and one make-up tutorials on youtube and things which is great and all, I've watched a handful but one thing bothers me. I can't do it AT ALL. Being told 'oh you just need to blend this' or 'put your eye-liner on the something or other line' is fine if you have any idea what those things mean, but my I have NO knowledge at all!

All I really want is to be able to do something to my eyes to make them a bit sexier! Even if it's just a bit of mascara and eye shadow so the look more feminine!

Does anyone know any really basic (and I mean "this is eyeliner, it goes here...this is mascara, don't poke yourself in the eyeball with it" basic) makeup tutorials I could use. Or even just some tips so I can look nice without looking like I'm trying to win 'Miss Emo 2013'

2. mvjp

3. Tzoa

Congratulations!

I don't know what brand you plan on using, but if you can, find a good eye primer. I use it in lieu of eye shadow some days. It's meant to make putting on eye shadow smoother and easier, put the stuff I use makes it look like I AM wearing eye shadow. It's a subtle color, but kinda glittery. I literally just smudge it on my eye lids with my finger and I'm done. Super easy. I also recommend going into either a department store or a make up store like Bare Minerals and asking for a consultation. They will show you all the tips and tricks in person, and can put makeup on you to see how you like a certain color before you buy it.

Putting on eye make up will get so much easier with practice. I only started using it for the past year, and it was a pain at first. But it's a lot easier now. Good luck!

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Transgirls always choose such beautiful names. :grin:

I remember having to use eyeliner for a stage production in high school. Being a cis-male, it was totally foreign to me. Not to mention I did it with all the patience and steadiness of a meth addict, so it mostly looked terrible. But you can't see any very tiny mistakes like that on stage, so it was all good.

I do know that if you're new to it, less can be more. Even basic eyeliner and nothing else works wonders to make your eyes look a lot bigger and prettier. Most importantly just rock it with confidence, knowing you're gorgeous. :slight_smile:

#4 Argentwing, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013