1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Party

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by limeslam, Oct 24, 2013.

1. limeslam

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi everyone,

This has nothing to do with sexuality, but I'm going to my first high school party this weekend and I'm extremely curious as to how this works.

I know there is going to be drinking and I'm not exactly sure if I will drink. But what happens after the party? Where do you go so your parents don't freak out? Also, what do you do to prevent yourself from spilling secrets (i.e. outing myself)?

I want to stay sober, but I'm also really curious about alcohol. Thanks!

2. GayNerd

I don't know much about High School parties, but knowing your age, please don't drink alcohol. 16 is too young to drink, at least in California, I think. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Just make sure that you tell your parents what time you'll be home/want to be picked up. If you have your own transportation, you could hang out at other people's houses, if their families let you. Just as long as you're home when you should be home. If it's getting close to the time you should be home, and you aren't on your way home, make sure to call your parents to let them know that you'll try to be home as soon as possible. That's as much as I can think of at the moment. :slight_smile:

3. Tzoa

The only high school parties I went to involved a lot of board games and DDR. I was friends with all the nerds in school.

I completely agree with TailsFan about drinking, though. It is too young, and if there is a lot of alcohol and next to no supervision, it can be dangerous as well. You have a whole adult life to explore alcohol, where it will be safer and, I imagine, more enjoyable.

No matter what you do, just stay safe. Let your parents and your ride know when you're going home and stick to it. If you DO drink (strongly suggest you don't, but I'm well aware that high school students do drink often), do it sparingly, and drink more water than you do alcohol. This is a good tip no matter your age.

4. Californiacoast

Every party I went to in high school had the option to crash over if we wanted to. Most of our parties were after football games, as I played football. We ordered pizza, watched movies, talked etc. Once we played strip poker and the loser had to run around naked in the front yard.(that would be me) Us jocks looked at others that drank or drugged as losers.

5. zipitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    +1 on not drinking in high school. I survived my high school career without any booze - as soon as I graduated, my first day in college was the first day I binged. Save it for then!

6. Skov

Honestly I WOULD NOT recommend your first time ever drinking being at a party. Your first time drinking should be with responsible friends that won't push you too much and that you can just be yourself and enjoy it with. Just remember that drunk words are sober thoughts and you could let something slip.

7. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This thread is so cute!

8. limeslam

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    [/COLOR]Thanks everyone!

Hahaha why?

9. Tzoa

At my dad's wedding I had quite a few cocktails and was really drunk by the end of the party. I have never really liked my dad very much, and I was about to tell him so. I said, "I had a lot of fun, even though..." But then I caught myself and said, "even though I'm drunk!" If I had had a few more drinks, I doubt I would have caught myself in time and my already tenuous relationship with my dad would have been completely ruined, which is not something I want.

10. limeslam

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hahaha yeah. That's what I'm afraid I might do.