1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexual Christians

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sappho, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Sappho

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am struggling with faith, i feel guilty for having feelings for other women. I am trying to grow in faith but the guilt just eats me up. I just feel like giving up on faith sometimes . How do you balance or deal with be a homosexual Christian?

2. biggayguy

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Best words I have ever heard, and from a pastor of a Christian sect "God made you the way you're supposed to be." Don't sweat it. Let go of the guilt. As for dealing with it, either find a congregation that is affirming or just don't go. God will understand your conundrum either way and still love you. That's what I think.

4. bdman

5. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Love those videos! Thank you so much for sharing! Even though I truly feel that it is ok to be gay, deep down I can't help but feel a little guilty, mostly because society influences almost everything. (Plus, I live in Alabama, and that pretty much answers itself. >_>)

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My understanding is that Christianity's opinion against homosexuality comes from a misunderstanding of Leviticus, and anything else is just extrapolation/repetition stemming from that one passage.

You like girls. Be with one, have a family, love God. :slight_smile:

7. Im Just Me

I have had the same problem and guilt over my own feelings for other girls because of being Christian. I've looked into it a lot, and though there are a lot of claims of mistranslations, or not looking at the context of certain parts of the bible speaking about sexuality, I still can't say if I think it's a sin or not. It might be, I don't know for sure. I don't think anyone ever will until they can meet God face-to-face. Only God knows. So as for if it's a sin or not, research both arguments and draw your own conclusion.

Even if you do come to the conclusion it may be a sin or you are not sure like me, I've come to the conclusion that it's okay. I think if you truly believe in God and Jesus and what they've done for you, and you feel you have a relationship with them, there isn't a problem.

Because in the end, everyone sins. And the bible states everyone was BORN with sin. This is not even sin they chose, such as maybe deciding to tell a lie or steal. This is sin that, because of Adam and Eve eating the apple, every single one of us carries the moment we are conceived.
    So, the conclusion I've come to is, even if homosexuality IS a sin, it is a sin that we were born with because of Adam and Eve's choice. But we weren't the only ones born with sin- every other human being was. Even if theirs doesn't show in the form of homosexuality, they still have sin they can not under any circumstances escape. Homosexuality shouldn't be singled out as a problem, because everyone on earth is carrying sin, and at know point in someone's life on earth will they somehow get rid of all their sin. They will die with that sin.

The reason I bring up that last part, is because I worried a lot about heaven. I wondered if, because of these feelings I have, I could not go to heaven. It scared me, of course. then I wondered if there were rules to it. What if I pretend to be straight- can I go to heaven? What if I just never entered a sexual relationship with the same sex-can I go to heaven? If homosexuality IS indeed a sin, the bible is unclear about what part of it actually makes it so. However, in the end, since everyone carries sin their entire lives, I don't believe this matters.
    Of course, this doesn't mean "We all have sin anyway, so do whatever you want." I believe, if you truly consider yourself Christian and have a relationship with God, you are always trying to do your best regardless. You wouldn't WANT to sin just because you may-or-may-not technically be able to, because if you believe in Him, you want to be close to him and follow His words. He will help guide you, and if despite this you have feelings or impulses towards the same-sex, it's something you were born with and can't be helped. It's just a visible example of sin that everyone was born with. (Again, assuming homosexuality is, indeed, a sin, which we still can not say for sure.)

In the end, I think everything comes down to the most obvious verse that EVERYONE quotes, but no one seems to REALLY look at:

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

It just takes true and honest faith. If you have that, God will lead you in whatever direction you were meant to go, and you will be fine :slight_smile:

#7 Im Just Me, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  8. apostrophied

Look up lesbepure.com, and read the posts there as well as the story of the founder. It gave me much encouragement. :slight_smile: I'm in a hurry so I can't expand, but if I have the time, I'll come back to this thread with some more resources. Good luck, and remember you're not alone, a lot of us are in this situation.

9. REXF

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's called BRAIN WASHING, when society makes you feel that way. So STOP washing your brain. Just Be Yourself. Always. Heck with what others say, think. If you want to be HAPPY, be YOURSELF! I screwed up along time in my life. I knew I was gay, but tried to fight my feelings. I even married a woman, ( that didn't last long). I wasn't happy, REALLY HAPPY, till I made up my mind, to be my GAY SELF. Then I met the most wonderful Man in my LIFE!! VERY, VERY HAPPY!

---------- Post added 27th Oct 2013 at 11:06 AM ----------

I to was in your shoes once. I tried walking away from Christ, it lasted a couple of years. Everything around me was falling apart. My job, my life. Then one day, I asked God for forgiveness, and took Jesus Christ back into my life, I slowly started getting things back in order. The more you TRUST in the LORD, the more you recieve from him. Even as an adult, we are in infant, toddler, teenager, adult stages, with the LORD. I'm probally still an infant, but I try hard

10. Sappho

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I appreciate all the positive responses. I went to church today and feel better, the pastor preached that whatever sin God has forgiven you . God knows every thing about you ,there is no point in lying about how you feel.

11. PyroSpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You are so damn confused.