1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling really betrayed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by nichison, Oct 26, 2013.

1. nichison

So me and a friend were talking on the phone when he admitted to me that he told his homophobic parents that I was bisexual. When I came out to him, I asked him to not tell anyone and I trusted him to not. The reason this bugs me so much is that he told me several times that he would not tell them until I wanted him to. I just feel really betrayed.

2. Nick07

Well, you really have been betrayed... It's sad that some people feel that sharing a secret with "only this one person" doesn't mean that the secret is revealed and the trust is broken.

3. UIOP

Have you told him how you feel? You have every right to feel betrayed right now... if you don't want him to tell anyone, then he should respect that. I'd advise telling him how you feel and just telling him that he hurt you.

4. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Betrayal is probably the worst feeling in the world. I'm so sorry for you :frowning2:

As yet, I've not figured out how to forgive for it. Trust is such a delicate and beautiful thing.

Please be careful and take care. And understand that, although there are people who will betray you, there are also people who you will be able to trust.