1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to answer in this situation...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by kylegf2011, Oct 27, 2013.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was talking with my parents and homosexuality made its way into the conversation... so I said that maybe it wasn´t the norm, but it was an exception, and that the fact that it´s not the common thing, it doesn´t mean there are people who are like this and can´t do anything about it.... she compared it to having sex with animals... :dry: I said it was totally different.... but I couldn´t find a reason why :icon_sad: because the point in the argument wasn´t that there were two consenting adults, but that anatomically it was just as unnatural as having sex with animals... and I think she has a point :icon_sad: it made me feel terrible, I just said I didn´t agree with her opinion, and she just kept saying that it was equally disgusting :icon_redf

These past few days I have been a bit confused, but now Im kind of certain again about me being gay... I was starting to build the courage to tell them... this just killed all those hopes, I mean if they ask now Im just going to say yes, but it had been some time now since we talked about this topic, and I was starting to forget how they really feel about it :icon_sad:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see your "it's anatomically unnatural" and raise you the list of animals that do it too.

List of animals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If your mum can suggest that the animals on this list doing it is also unnatural I would consider asking her to buy a dictionary and looking up the meaning of the word.

If she happens to counter with one of the following: Sex for reproduction OR The penis goes in the vagina, that's what its for! then I offer you the following counters:

Sex is not just for reproduction, it just happens to be its primary function. Sex is pleasurable by nature, so people do it for pleasure. That is about as natural as it gets.

The penis goes in anything. It's a stick thing! Just because it happens to fit in the vagina doesn't mean it can't and shouldn't go anywhere else. By that same token, ONLY a penis should go in the vagina, so goodbye fingers, tampons, sex toys and so on.

3. fortheloveoflez

but that anatomically it was just as unnatural as having sex with animals

Really? I can tell she's not a biologist. If she were a biologist she'd know that many things just occur because well they do. We have tailbones which are of no use; these are called vestigial organs. Regardless, we have them. Not everything has a "purpose"....more like things occur because they occur. I'd be one to hypothesize that homosexuality is a way of population control. The pathway to extinction is not only in not reproducing but in reproducing to an extensive amount that sources become limited enough for the species to have a mass extinction. Although, I will say that even if you are homosexual you can STILL have children because (if you're not sterile) the organs can still work...the point is that you are less likely to have "accident" offspring.

Furthermore, does she think cars are naturally-occuring or manipulations of some products we already have in nature? Maybe she should ditch the cars if she's so concerned with having every thing all-natural.......

Lastly, is masturbation unnatural? Every species does it. It doesn't lead to reproduction but it does lead to pleasure.

#3 fortheloveoflez, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, here's one really simple argument supporting the idea that gay sex is anatomically/biologically supported:

For nearly all men, once they get the hang of it, bottoming feels amazing. And many men, when they bottom for another guy, can orgasm and ejaculate simply from the stimulation of the prostate by the movement of the top's penis in the bottom's ass. If we weren't biologically "wired" to allow for anal sex, then the bottom would derive no pleasure from it. That's probably the strongest argument.

There's a reason that anal sex toys made specifically for men are phenomenally popular. :slight_smile:

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And to add to that, Chip, 72% of heterosexual married couples have had anal sex at least once, and one women's magazine says that for a woman, her orgasm is stronger and more intense when caused through anal intercourse, and it can even stimulate the female G-spot.

6. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I guess you´re right. Its just the way she compared it to having sex with animals... it just made me feel like a real freak of nature :icon_redf