1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey guys, I am new here!! Anyone willing to help a very curious chica??

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Curiouschica, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Curiouschica

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi i am new to the site. I really need some advice on a guy that i have recently met.

I am female,23, straight and work as a bartender in one of the biggest gay nightclubs in London. I recently met the boss's friend, gorgeous blonde guy, 6'3, muscular and obviously takes VERY good care of himself (he looks very well groomed).

I met him a couple weeks ago at work, while setting up (before the club opened). We got on really well, had a drink and he kept me company while setting up the bar. When the dj did a soundcheck, he was up dancing away really flamboyantly, arms in the air ect... and essentially looked like what any straight person would identify as a really flamboyant gay man... He told me how gorgeous I was and was flirting away, kissing my hand and pulling up his top, calling me darling, showing me his toned body and even tried to get me to touch his abs while doing a striptease!! I put it down to him being a massive flirt and messing around to make me blush.

Later on during my shift, he kept getting my manager to cover me for my breaks while we had a smoke outside, he pulled me to sit on his lap, quite forcefully and held me there despite me telling him that I can't sit on his lap, it's inappropriate since i'm at work.

Got talking to a group of people outside and he went really quiet and suddenly seemed very introverted and almost upset by it. He then went home later in the evening. I saw him again yesterday during my shift and he was with one of the gay bartenders who wasn't working, the owner of the club, a group of transexuals and a lesbian who asked for my number at first for him, then for herself. I said no to both and laughed it off. She said that he was straight despite me seeing him being approached by numerous gay men throughput the night (he would pick them up, hug them tightly and flirt like mad and dance and one woman who he ended up avoiding like crazy. really did not want to talk to her). He flirts like mad with the gay guys, calls everyone hunni-bun and darling, dances very flamboyantly and has lesbian, gay, straight and transexual friends and the only straight woman I have seen him with, he did his best to avoid.

I am so bloody confused. Everything about him says that he is gay, but yet he flirts with me like mad, is obviously very sexually attracted to me by the way he looks at me or treats me when we are together, even the owner joked about giving him my number. But I don't believe for one second that he is fully straight. Bisexual maybe?? Sorry if I have said anything seemingly ignorant in this message, it's not intentional at all! I am very new to the LGBT Scene and love it already but this guy is confusing the hell out of me. Given the info, what do you guys think??! I would most definitely get to know him better, he is gorgeous but I would like to hear someone else's opinion first. Can a gay man be sexually attracted to a straight woman? Do you think he is bi? Or do you think that he is fully straight but very metrosexual. It is a bit strange that he hangs out at a gay club, with gay friends and flirts with the gay guys. The only woman he seems taken with is me....ADVICE PLEASE!! xx

2. Mr Bubbles

Hi welcome to EC! :icon_bigg

To answer your question, I personally think he is probably bi. It's kind of hard to tell when his job requires him to flirt with both genders though. Is there a way that you could hang out with him somewhere outside of the gar bar scene? I think he would probably be more like himself in a setting outside of his job and it would be a lot easier to tell if he is genuinely interested in you. I'm still fairly new to the LGBT scene as well though so I could be wrong, but hopefully this helps some!
    -Max

3. Curiouschica

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hola Max! Thanks for the speedy reply... hate feeling anxious about this stuff! We don't work together, he just comes down on a sunday morning for a rave or comes with the owner of the club to party so he doesn't need to flirt with both genders. The confusing thing about the situation is that, in london, most straight men, although tolerant of LGBT are still not that comfortable around the community to hang out in gay clubs and if they did, they will act as straight as possible to make sure there is no mix up...

He goes full on diva then back to being really manly. :frowning2: Thought he was gay at first, would have bet my life on it but his friends all say that he is as straight as an ironing board! I will have probably have to meet up outside of work though like you said, that sounds like a good idea, thanks! x

4. Mr Bubbles

Your welcome! :icon_bigg
    I should also note that I'm not from London, nor have I ever been there so I'm a little bit lacking when it comes to how the customs may be different than in America. If somebody else replies that's from London or somewhere nearby, I would defer to their judgement as they would probably understand the situation better than I can. I hope everything works out!
    -Max