1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuesday night blues

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by shamrockmut93, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Sometimes, I feel borderline depressed. Other times, I wonder why I even care that I'm alone. A relationship would be nice, but something's wrong with every guy I have a chance with. I had a date with an old friend today, which I was actually excited about, but I had forgotten how weird he really is... as I said before, I only attract weird guys (WTF?). It seems like whoever/whatever is in charge of the universe has decided that I'm meant to be alone... seriously, all you guys who have decent boyfriends, you make it look too easy. Stop that.

2. Case

Currently DE. Also, FL, NV, AL and California!
    Well, I haven't been in any sort of relationship since I was 17 and I'm 23 now, if I makes you feel not so alone :slight_smile: I know its hard, trust me. However, I don't think it's suppose to be easy when trying to find your sole mate. It's true, that some are so lucky to find them when they are in highschool or college.

I older friend once told me that sometimes you find that special person when you stop looking so hard. She was 30 at the time and was having trouble being alone for so long. I'm happy to say that a year ago she met someone and they are married.

So, it's not hopeless. Just enjoy your time out with people. Enjoy hanging with people and meeting new faces. You never know when it'll happen, but I'm sure it will.

But until then, we can both wallow in our loneliness. That's what my chocolate ice-cream is for :slight_smile:

3. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I recently met a guy who was smart, driven, kind and funny.
    Had a lot going for him. He was working his way through college and on the path to getting a decent life and get things sorted.

Then his girlfriend lied to him about protection. She's got pregnant, won't live with him, but will demand full support for the child. He's had to quit college and, his future is irrevocably changed for the worse.

None of his friends or family liked the girlfriend either.

Now, there are two ways to look at this: you could be snide and say, 'it's a heterono problem. Not mine.'

Or you could realise that having a relationship can be considerably worse then being single.

In short, it isn't a 'relationship' you should be desperate for. I would advise seeking a relationship only when you meet the right person. It is worth waiting for.

Also, and you can hate me for this, you're only 20. I'm over 30 and fast realising that I know so little about the world, my life, me - it isn't funny. Try to get to know yourself and respect yourself. The second you stop worrying about it is the second that someone will come along and take your life by storm (but in a good way).

Also, if you're going for chocolate ice cream, you may as well serve it between the two split halves of a banana. The banana split is probably one of the most underrated things in reality. This is what my years of wisdom have taught me. (!)

4. Thanks for the advice guys, though it would be nice if I weren't constantly surrounded by people who are happily in relationships at my age. It's just the fact that I'm gay that makes it exponentially harder to meet someone.