1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it time to move out?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Monika the Diva, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Monika the Diva

Hi everyone!

I do have something to ask. If I am 33 years old. With a super over protectuve mom I barely get along with. Where I just make nice and not give my opinion. I get yelled at for coming home late. When I am not home she rumages through my stuff. Sometimes i have always felt like we had a mother/daughter relationship because we could rarely agree on things. She finds my marijuana bowl and mistakes it for dildo. But my cousin who's like a little sister to me. Tells her that's a marijuana pipe. Then she has a sigh of relief. When my little sister told me my mom went through my stuff I began to ponder I should move out? Does anyone agree?

2. LD579

It might be fair to say that she's treating you as if you were much younger because you're still living at home. By moving out and establishing independence physically, your relationship could change and she might stop being as overbearing.

It also may be a very nice change of scenery, as it were, for you.