1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life's no fun

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gibson234, Oct 31, 2013.

1. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Life is just no fun. All I do is work as there nothing else to do. Everything I do to have fun just ends up being disappointing and my social anxiety ruins it. I decided that the reason I want a relationship is because I just want to feel some positive emotions. I'm either feeling stressed,depression,anxious or angry. Thats it. Never happiness or other positive emotions. I try to get in a band. Doesn't happen. I try to join a LGBT club it sucks. I try to go out for night with friends, it sucks. I try and do this jam night thing and it sucks. I just think whats the point I'm working to go somewhere else to be depressed. All I want is to do something I enjoy once in a while. Something to look forward to.

People talk about a work/life balance but I can't find a life. Any advice?

#1 gibson234, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  2. ryanalexander61

Pining for a relationship when you are feeling depressed about other things just to "be in a relationship" is likely going to cause you to end up in one that isn't healthy for you.

If the things you mentioned (like going out with friends) use to be enjoyable for you or every suggested activity seems miserable, then it might be time to see a therapist to help you work through what is going on.

How does your sexuality play into your life? Are you out? Comfortable with yourself? Issues with this can cause depression which in turn can play a role in why you are not enjoying any social activities. I assume it isn't all about the work/life balance because you don't seem to be enjoying the social activities you are able to do.

3. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not really out but I am comfortable with myself in a sexuality sense. I do have bad social anxiety so either I don't speak to new people or because of my anxiety I don't enjoy speaking to new people. I am seeing a theraptist.