1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My life has no direction!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BMCM, Nov 1, 2013.

1. BMCM

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I just turned 17, and it has got me thinking, where am I going in life? I don't know what I want to study, I've never had a relationship, or even kissed another guy!

I am out to only a few of my friends, and although I don't have any problem of others knowing, I really don't like telling people, as I usually find the questions awkward. At parties I always feel 'left out', and never make the first move. To stop the awkwardness at parties I usually drink, which I know can not be good for me at all!

My school is a faith school, and it is fair to say that my year is very immature and are quick to tease people. There are NO openly gay people, and I really do not want to be the first.

I just need advice, I know no other gay people, and have a close minded group of friends, and at the moment, it feels like I will be trapped in this 'bubble' until I leave school!

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess you have a year, or less, to go until you leave school? You could 'wait it out' till then maybe. Nobody is forcing you to out yourself at school if you are not ready. But what you could so is put in place some plans to improve things outside of school?

Like, finding some gay friends that are not your school friends. Believe me this will make a huge difference in having like minded people around you. Being in london you will have a good choice of LGBT groups. Have you seen the "London Friend" website?

Then ... studies/ career. What are your interests subject wise and what sort of jobs have you thought about?

Does your school have a career officer to talk to??