1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling low

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Janos, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Janos

Janos Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, as the title says I've been feeling really low today and I'm not entirely sure why.
    I went out with my current date and two friends for Halloween (heading to a rock/metal/alternative club in costume) but for some reason my friends and myself who were drinking the same vodka during the predrink at my house ended up very drunk by the time we got to the lines. This was odd as I had specifically been measuring out the drinks for everyone and myself in order to prevent that happening (in addition to me knowing how much I can handle before I get blackouts). My other friend left the line after his friend couldn't get in and my friend and date ended up just leaving after waiting there for an hour and a half so we arrived back home at 10:45pm. Pretty crappy night.
    Things got when my friend that vanished arrived back looking like he's been crying and he then ended up being very ill, my other friend basically passed out and I was having alcohol blackouts despite (as i said before) all three of us being very careful with measures.
    I had a good time with my date afterwards but I felt pretty low.

Normally I feel low after parties anyway but this time it's worse, like I feel completely and utterly hopeless and empty and I'm slightly worried it may be more than just the lack of a night out and that the alcohol we were drinking was tainted somehow as my ill friend also had a massive mood downswing and he was drinking the same stuff.

First world problems and all but I figured I'd write it up anyway in case anyone else had an experience like this and because writing tends to help.

2. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know what else is going on in your life but if something like that makes you feel very low then you should go see someone. It could be that you have depression.

p.s. How bad can things be you've got a date and had a good time with him afterwards.

3. Janos

Janos Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's what's worrying me.

4. srslywtf

sounds like a particularly bad night... it happens :slight_smile:

Regarding alcohol there are alot of factors that can alter its impact and it can often amplify emotional situations... im usually a happy drunk but thereve been a couple times ive felt completely worthless/horrible.
    Like close to as bad as how i felt after spending years depressed and alone during a particularly diffficult part of life.

If its a continuing problem then id look for help. If not, then probably just take note of the situation :slight_smile: give things a good week to settle, its common to feel low for days after drinking even when you have a good time, so dont worry yourself if you dont snap out of it straight away.
    It sounds like your friend might need help now too if they really were crying and away for that time

#4 srslywtf, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013