1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaving EC

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by shamrockmut93, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Tonight, something happened that made me reach my breaking point, and everything that I've been keeping from my friends has come to the surface. They had no idea that I was in such a dark place, and they're giving my more support than I ever would have expected from them. It just makes me feel ashamed that I so openly and freely complained about my life on here, and that's why I'm leaving. Initially, EC provided me with an outlet through which I could vent about everything that puts me in this dark place, but it's gotten to the point where I have made a habit out of focusing on everything that bothers me, and pretty much everything that I've posted has been overwhelmingly negative. That's not who I am, and it disgusts me to see this negative side of me so concentrated in one place, so I've decided to find other ways to deal with my troubles, this really isn't healthy for me any more. I just want to thank all of you who have given me such kind and sincere words of advice during this time when I needed them so much, I wish you all the best. Thank you.

-shamrock

2. Sully

Good idea to leave then :slight_smile:, as great as EC is, it can be a bit of trap. I've said goodbye once, gave myself a bit of a break as I felt the ability to vent everything here meant that I didn't really bother doing anything to change things in real life. Fortunately I've managed to stay here AND continue on coming out whilst not getting bogged down just venting here.

Recently I've been thinking of saying good bye again, I think it's about time, my life personally, although it was never bad, is really coming together now and good things are happening, so it'll be goodbye for me soon as well :slight_smile: