1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some question on finding therapist

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by benon, Nov 2, 2013.

1. benon

benon Guest

Hey guys, I recently moved to the us, and since I am foreign to this place, Can I get some advice on how to find a phsychologist in San diego. I emailed a few from phsychology today about two days ago, but I got no response from them. Should I call them, or they are just too busy and cant be bothered. Thanks:help:

2. biggayguy

3. Foxface

Most therapists have a very heavy case load (especially in a major city). I don't think it's that they can't be bothered but when you consider how many clients they see, new clients submissions and emergency placement work that many do it becomes difficult. Is there anything specific you would like to work on? That can help narrow down your selection or broaden it depending how you answer. I would get a list of therapists you find and leave messages. If they don't answer after a few days try again. At some point they should call back to discuss fees and how they work.

http://www.sandiegotherapists.com/specialty.shtml

This site is updated and breaks down by specialty as well

Good luck

Foxface