1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Date or just a friendly meet up

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bdpotter, Nov 3, 2013.

1. bdpotter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been messaging with a girl on an online dating site, she being the first to contact me, and multiple times she mentioned meeting up. She also invited me to this LGBT student event that is being held every week. Then she stopped writing, and checking her profile in general for about 2 weeks. And then suddenly I got a message back, that she's been busy and that's why she hasn't been online, and said that she'll probably delete her profile, but she gave me her email address, for me to contact her if I want to meet up or go to the LGBT event. Now I don't know if she is interested in dating or being friends. Any advice on what should I do, to show that I'm interested in dating (if possible) through an email, but not being direct like let's go on a date ??
    It might be a silly question and situation, but I've just come out to myself, and have no dating experience with girls :slight_smile:. (cause with guys was more easier, cause they were the ones doing the first steps)

2. GayNerd

Since you were talking over an Online Dating Site, it does seem she is very interested in you.

You can choose to go with her to the LGBT Event. It would better help you know how she would act around you. If she says she wants to be more than friends at the LGBT Event, great! If not, at the end of the day, you could tell her that you really like her more than friends. Then see how it goes from there. But if you feel more comfortable doing this Via Email, Email her an hour or so after you get home so you dom't seem desperate.

Best of luck to you. :smilewave:

3. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She does seem interested. After you guys go to the lgbt event I think you should ask to buy her a coffee sometime.

#3 Flutters1980, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013