1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you get yourself out there as a creator?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Abbra, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Abbra

Hi, I need help from those who are in the art field, or any other creative field who have achieved some kind of success.

I have been creating things lately as a way to better myself and overcome the mental problems I have been having. I have been doing this with two things, a comedic YouTube channel, and a Tumblr blog focused on getting yourself out of depression and anxiety (it's very similar to what I talk about on the forums).

However, I'm not sure how to give either of them traffic. My YouTube channel gets roughly 50 views a week from my Facebook friends, and my help blog currently has no traffic (which isn't surprising because it's only a week old). Naturally, I'm not expecting a giant following as both of these things are rather virgin. But I want to start expanding these things as fast as possible, most notably the blog because I feel that I can help a lot of people.

I post the things to forums that I frequent and my facebook and tumblr, but I still can't seem to get anyone to watch or critique what I have to say.

My question is: How do you get people to actually look at the things that you create?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! With blogs it really depends on the key words that you use to describe your posts. The more they pop up in searches, the more likely somebody will have a closer look at your blog. I'd keep updating your blog, and also do some searches on popular key words that are relevant for your blog, and try to incorporate them into your text.

You might also want to include a prompt for readers to leave a comment/message in your next blog entry.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only way I've seen that works is be freaking amazing and make connections at art school. I have a friend who's practically a virtuoso with paint and pencil. He's been in the Art Institute for years, and I'm sure he's made friends with higher-ups because he's quite successful at gaining commissions for his work.