1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just need guidance...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by JakeHas, Nov 4, 2013.

1. JakeHas

This really sucks :/...
    My life is so stressful and annoying, I've been turning to my computer as help, my online life, the life that I go to when I'm feeling down. Apparently I'm on it too much and my parents are threatening to limit my good life, where I get to communicate and speak face-to-face with the love of my life...

And to add to that, my love of my life isn't talking a lot to me because I'm so clingy D: I need help... I'm in tears because I don't know what to do.

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey
    (*hug*)

What's stressing you out? Is there anything you can do to distract you for a while like a hobby or club or some friends you haven't seen in a while? How often do you see your bf in person?

You're going to be ok :slight_smile: I know what it's like to feeling clingy, but usually if you can just get your mind off them for a while you can get on with something else :slight_smile:

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey man, I've seen a few of your posts and it sounds like you're dealing with a lot. I know you go online for support (and all of us at EC are happy to be here for your), but have you thought about talking to someone in person like a counselor? I've been in a position where all the things I used to enjoy got to be so much of a burden that I stopped enjoying them and started resenting them, and talking to someone helped me get my perspective back.

In the meantime, here's a hug of support (*hug*)

4. Joey4

It's funny. One of the hardest parts about being a parent now, I would imagine, is finding a balance for your kid in regards to technology and actual physical, interactive interests.

It sucks, Jake, but try listening to your parents. They're older and know better. Maybe it doesn't sound like a good idea now, but later you may realize that they were right.

Plus, not being online so much will inadvertantly solve your "clingy" problem.

Explore the world a little. The best advice my mom ever gave me was telling me that I'd be pretty upset with myself if I got older, looked back, and realize I didn't do anything.

5. JakeHas

I've considered a counselor, yeah. I still might turn to that. I only see my boyfriend online, we met online. Been together almost 7 months now. I know I can fix the clinginess if I can find something that will actually take my mind off of him, but I've yet to find anything that has the power to do that. He's such a big part of my life, I'm not sure if there is anything...

I use to be super active and had tons of fun IRL, but stuff got stressful. One of my friends (ex gf, now I'm gay xD that's not why but..) she is dealing with depression, refuses to go to someone else, and only goes to me. That took a huge toll on me because I really just don't know what to do to help her anymore... And just in general everyone expect so much from me now IRL because I've shown qualities above average for youth my age, but it's come to the point where I'm starting to fail those expectations because it's overwhelming me and wearing me out emotionally and physically. I cry almost every night thinking about my life, my relationship troubles, and how there is almost nothing I can do to fix any of it, nothing that I can figure out that is... Just typing this is putting me into tears xD because I know it's all true, and a real problem I can't avoid. I would give anything, anything at all for the chance to redo this stuff. Redo my relationship. I want things to be right again... So badly..

Like seriously though, every time I imagine me hugging and holding my boyfriend for the first time when we meet, my heart glows. If I can get that simple hug from the one I love, a long, tight hug, my life will turn around, I know it. I will feel happy again... That's just not possible right now because he's 812 miles away from me...

#5 JakeHas, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes Jake, I think it's time for you to start taking care of yourself, or very soon you won't be able to do anything for anyone; including the boy you love. Get some help, your parents need to understand your distress right now, you need to tell them and convince them that you are really overwhelmed and you need to shed these heavy commitments that no one your age should have to bear.

Will you do it IRL?

7. JakeHas

If I tell my mom anything she's going to turn it into a life lesson and make me break up with him and put me in therapy or something... I would have no idea how to tell my dad. The last thing I want to do is tell them about anything...

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't have to come out to them if you're not ready, but you do need to tell them how overwhelmed you are, can you do that?

9. JakeHas

I've told my mom that I'm just tired, mentally and physically. She just said it's part of life, you'll feel like that. You just have to kinda deal with it sometimes and continue doing the things you made commitments to do..
    Then she brought up my sexual orientation to me once in the car... She asked me what I think I may be, I responded gay. She said she doesn't believe that I truly am, and that someone probably made me think like this earlier in my life or something.. So coming out is definitely not an option with her unless my bf is ready. (Not that I would make myself ready, I would just love to have him next to me the whole way)

#9 JakeHas, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  10. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there a guidance counselor or someone at school you can talk to? That might be a good first step if someone like that is available

11. JakeHas

Yeah, I may do that at some point. I've thought about talking to a counsor.

12. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would go ahead and talk to the school counselor. That may be a good way to get around having an uncomfortable discussion with your parents.