1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

totally confused over fine woman

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by kessiej, Nov 5, 2013.

1. kessiej

I see this older woman mostly every day on the way to work, without fail she will go out of her way to give eye contact and smile at me. She's beautiful and it makes me feel amazing and gives me butterflies when I see her.

The only problem I have is that I'm a girl and I don't know if she's just being friendly or is interested in me??? Its been going on for months now, and I really do fancy her, I even have fantasies about kissing her and cuddling, so I know I'm definately interested. I know what girls are like when they like someone(obv being a girl myself) but this woman just looks totally straight, I don't know how to go about things and see if she's interested, nervous and just waiting for me to make the first move???

HELP PLEASE!!!

2. lovely lesbian

Ok does she do it everyday? Because if she does and you find out she's straight then that is unfair but if she isn't then maybe you could ask her maybe? Or ask someone at work if they know her situation does she know that you are gay?

3. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I don't think being a particular gender means you behave or react like everyone else.
    I'm just reinforcing what you already know - she may just be being friendly.

I know how you feel though. I can't hit on somone I don't know. If I don't have a good reason to speak to a girl, I will leave them in peace.
    I mean she's probably quite happy by herself, she doesn't need an oaf like me coming over to ruin her day.

But I also think that I missed out on a lot of potential experiences with this attitude. So even though I played it safe, the fact is, I can never know because I didn't try.

you have it easier than I do becuase women are perceived as much much less threatening than men. If you're polite and friendly, what do you have to lose by asking if she'd like to go for a coffee one day?

In the worst case scenario, she'll stop smiling at you, or even take a different route to work. But even then, you haven't lost anything - you've gained an answer and you can move on with your life.

Maybe she is straight, but might want to be friends. It's not what you might be after, but having friends is no bad thing :slight_smile:

So, I say go for it. Say 'hi'. After a bit of conversation Ask her out for something like a coffee. That's hardly a date or scary, right?

In the interest of safety, as she is a stranger (like it or not), I strongly advise meeting somewhere public at first. Above all, take care and do nothing you're not comfy with.

best of luck ^_^

4. kessiej

Thank you 'lovely lesbian' + 'saturn' for your replies... I don't see her every day, jus 2 or 3 times a week on the street walking to work. She makes sure I see her and then gives me eye contact and smiles at me. Like I said I don't know if she's just being friendly or even just waiting for me to make the first move if she's shy/nervous???

I did on one occasion happen to be on my phone while walking towards her and I glanced at a passing car- she looked at me then the car then me again, put her head down and gave an akward smile, like she was shy or something...

I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and try and speak to her, although I don't wanna look stupid...???

XXX