1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never Making That Mistake Again…

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by hatethiscloset, Nov 5, 2013.

1. hatethiscloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I've been beating myself up over the past few days because I made what is probably the dumbest mistake ever, and I regret it sooooo much. So to make a long story short, I'm in college and the dating life is so much more dead than I expected, so I wandered onto a few hookup websites and over the past month have been texting this one guy….. So this weekend, as a result of being both bored and horny, I decided we should finally hook up. what the hell was I thinking. I got to his apartment, when I realized he was a good ten years older than me. I figured it was too late to back out at that point so we started fooling around, but pretty soon I realized that he was creeping me out, he was just too forceful for me…so I told him I forgot something downstairs, went down, got my clothes, and sprinted out the door. I ran for a few blocks then got a taxi home. Only when I got back did I realize that I left my watch and my belt there… so now I don't know what I should do. They were both pretty expensive, and I really want them back. He texted me later that I can pick up my stuff sometime this week (although he couldn't find my watch at the time). Even if he found it by now, I'm not sure if I want to go back. I really just want to act like this never happened and never see this guy again, and if I happened to lose a watch and belt, then I consider it a lesson learned. But at the same time, I really want my stuff… should I just bite the bullet and go back and get them, or should I leave them behind?

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh, now that's what I call a situation!

If you go back to get your stuff, a sheepish grin, an apology (of sorts) and getting the hell outta there will be necessary...(you don't owe him an explanation, but if you feel the need to offer one, just say you weren't comfortable...no need to say more)

3. Nick07

Swallow your pride, go back and apologize. What you did was rude, but understandable. If you don't go back it will be just rude.

And next time, think twice before you go to the apartment of someone you don't know. The first couple of dates should happen in a public place. You could have ended up beaten or dead.

4. hatethiscloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I think it was pretty rude of him to neglect to tell me how old he was, and give me a pic beforehand that was clearly taken a few years ago… its not so much an issue of swallowing my pride, its more that I just feel disgusted to even think about him

5. biggayguy

If the watch was less than 100 dollar worth I would say forget it. If it was more I might go back. It might be wise to take a friend or meet in a public place.

6. Lewnatic

To be honest... It serves you right. Not meaning to sound like a dick, but you made the conscious choice to hook up with this man, and you made the choice to go along with it once you realized he'd lied about his age. Then you made the choice to impolitely flee the scene without warning, and now you pay the price.

You really should have just said something there and then when you felt uncomfortable. How do you know he wasn't a really nice guy who would have understood? He seems nice enough to allow you to pick your stuff back up. Just suck it up, go get your stuff...and remember to apologize. Him being less than honest about his age was wrong, but hey-ho most people tell a little lie when casual sex with stranger is the only course on the menu.

7. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think lying about age and using old photos is pretty common.

I'd just arrange to collect my stuff if I were you providing you feel safe, and even meet at a cafe near his place to be sure. He might be completely understanding and a bit embarrassed himself !!

#7 bingostring, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  8. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would go back to get my stuff with someone tagging along just in case things got out of hand. Even if your pretty good at defending yourself like I am, if this guy creeps you out and if he's potentially dangerous, then you shouldn't risk going back alone. He could always take you by surprise, so that's why you should have someone tag along.