1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conflicted about Sexuality

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by deepinthesouth, Nov 5, 2013.

1. deepinthesouth

Hello,

I am a college student living in a conservative Southern state. I've been attracted to men for as long as I can remember and was not made aware of just how "controversial" my attraction ultimately was until my teen years. I have never felt comfortable exploring my sexuality in my town. There are LGBT groups here trying to make a presence, but my town and state are just too conservative for me to be comfortably open with exploring my urges. Because I'm stuck here for a while I'm starting to wonder whether it's really worth to try and explore my sexuality even further. I have gone to big cities like New York and have had sexual trysts with mixed results. I'm not happy exploring my sexuality and I'm not happy having to hide out. I really don't know what to do at this point. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exploring your sexuality doesn't necessarily have to be something you 'seek' to do for no reason. You can just wait, and see if someone right for you pops up. But if you're really in a rush I guess you could look around, or perhaps travel a bit?

If you do find someone in your town, and you both mean a lot to each other, you'll have to support each other through coming out in a conservative place, but if you love each other it should be alright.