1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Career Advice (as a cross dresser)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Snidi, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm a straight guy who likes being feminine, and pretending he's a girl for fun, so I guess you can say I'm borderline transvestite. I like wearing skirts, dresses, and everything girly....but haven't had the guts to cross dress- not even for Halloween. And I'm happy to keep this a secret to an extent but....

I need to find a career, one that will self support me. And my desire to cross dress feels like an interference because I'd love nothing more than to dress up- but I'm not sure if it's the real reason as to why I'm not sure of my career. I still feel like I wouldn't know, but never being able to fully express myself doesn't help me know who I am for sure.

Anyway, coming out about this doesn't seem like a big option for me right now, as I think it would just cause drama. So I'm not sure what to do? I question whether the day by day would be more fun and inspiring if I can dress up.

2. Joey4

How old are you?

3. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    22 years old, no financial stability. I live with conservative parents who would never be happy about me dressing up like a girl. So I'm upset because I can never try it- even though girl's clothes are comfortable and fun- and I hate the idea of wearing a suit and tie to work when the time comes.

4. oneday004

This is only my opinion. To me it is all or nothing any thing less you will look like a boy in a dress. First you need some one to helpyou. get started, a girl with a fashion sense , join a crossdressing club or look on line for CD TG support forums. Take you measurements and go to online clothing sites and find stuff in your size you would like to wear. Be mindefull that every clothier has a different cut so a size 16 may not fit from one designer to another. Learn to color coordinate you outfits. Next go to the library and get some books on make up and hair. Learn what colors work for you and tips on contouring your face to make it appear more femme. If you dont want to grow your hair out and look after it then buy a wig. It is not easy , but if you take the time to learn and somewhat pass you will really enjoy your femme side. If you go about it haph hazzard you will be open to ridicule and the experience will be less than enjoyable. Best of luck to you sweety

5. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you oneday004! I think the real issue is not so much how to dress up as a girl, but how to enjoy life, especially work, when dressing as a girl isn't an option for me, and I have no finances to afford my own place.

On the positive side, I'm androgynous looking, so passing as a girl is no problemo :slight_smile:. If I weren't so darned shy and I had a place to store some dresses without my parents looking, I would probably walk down the streets of my city as femme and be ok with it! Also, if I cut my hair, I may be able to have more job opportunities, but of course, I don't want short hair!

Of course, it would be nice if I had a supportive girlfriend who'd take me shopping, but oh well!

#5 Snidi, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013