1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to do that awkward first relationship?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by haliyo, Nov 7, 2013.

1. haliyo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So basically I have identified as gay for about a year now, and moved into my new uni house in September. I've become really good friends with my new housemates, most of whom I knew before but we were never super close friends. Now we are right chums which is lovely~! There is one girl in particular whom I think I've started to crush on? We think the same way and share similar opinions on many things which is quite rare for me so I really cherish her friendship. She has identified as bi for... probably about a year now?
    The problem I have is that one of the ways in which we are very similar is that neither of us are at all experienced romantically. We are both 22 and too old for our inexperience to be typically considered 'normal.' My only relationship never went beyond a kiss and ended when I realised I was gay. My crush and I have chatted before about how we both feel very nervous about romantic and sexual stuff, and we both independently feel that it's got so far now that it's just embarrassing and scary. My other friend told me that when 2 inexperienced people hook up things just work themselves out, but I am so scared that it would be really awkward...
    Whereas I am tempted to just try and go for it and see what happens, my crush is even more scared about romantic/sexual relationships than I so I am worried about it not working out. She is my closest friend at uni and I really don't want to mess things up in the house! I don't even know what /I/ am doing so I hardly feel like I can start something with her and then not know where I am taking her >A< At the same time though I fantasise about us being in a cute little relationship and being all dysfunctional together <3 I think we get on really well *_*

So what do you guys think I should do?

[​IMG]

2. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    things will fall into place and you have to ride the waves and go with the flow... you can learn and grow together and I think that it is cute and sweet and just don't stress yourself out so much! RELAX! hahah it will be ok! I was a virgin before I met my girlfriend, I am 21 and I was scared and nervous but when you are with someone you trust, and care deeply for, it will all fall into place.. it will be ok, go for it! you will never know until you try, and honestly you need to take risk to reap the benefits! good luck!!!