1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

funny thing happened at lunch today

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by sldanlm, Nov 10, 2013.

1. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know if this is the right section for this or not. This is just something funny or odd that happened to me and my BF, thought I'd share it. I need to give a little background first, for relevance. I'm in my late twenties, and had until a couple of years ago, always been in a same sex relationship. I 'assumed' I would always be strictly a lesbian, wouldn't even have considered dating a GUY. I didn't totally buy into this notion of people changing later in life of someones orientation changing. When I had intimate contact like embracing or passionate kissing with guys in the past, it felt wrong, like a straight person might feel I guess with someone of the same sex. After I started dating my BF, I felt confused, wondering if I was doing the right thing, because it didn't feel that way with him. Why am I dating a guy? I'm supposed to be strictly a lesbian, I'm not supposed to have these feelings at my age in life (late twenties) particulary when I still have a general desire for women.

My BF's ex wife asked him for a divorce last year, and was so hurt by it that he didn't even try to date anyone for six months, and then only because his friends convinced him it was time to move on. She told him that she hadn't been happy sexually for years, but never told him. She told him, "I love you but I'm not in love with you." She also said that there wasn't anyone else at that time, but that she wanted to be free to try something knew. He offered to do counseling, therapy, whatever to make things right but she said she just wanted out, so they got divorced. Anyway, here's what happened at lunch.

My BF and I had just finished eating, and we opened our fortune cookies. His said,

"A new voyage will fill your life with untold memories." and mine said,

"Only when free from assumptions, can we be aware of reality."

2. Silver Sparrow

I think fortune cookies are supposed to be intentionally vague and applicable to anything so things like this happen.

3. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally agree. I've never been a believer in fortune cookies, tarot cards, wigi ? boards, or that 8 ball thing my sister used to play with when she was little. As she got older, she'd open up a bible, and read random passages, trying to see if that gave her a relevant answer to a question. No offense to the deeply religious, but it was about as accurate or inaccurate as a fortune cookie. Most of the time when I've opened fortune cookies, they don't make any sense at all. If you roll the dice, or in this case open enough cookies, you might get one that might be relevant but even then it doesn't mean it's good advice. This was just something odd that happened, isn't going to affect what I do one way or the other.