1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm bi and I like my "straight" best friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jayelle12, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Jayelle12

I have become close to a friend and we consider each other as best friends and my problem is that I like him. I'm 17 and he's 18 and were seniors in high school. I recently came out to a few people about being bi myself including him and everyone has been very supportive. He and I are always together in school and even outside of school.he usually comes over to my house and we just lay on my bed and watch movies or we go out to eat. Many people have asked him if he was gay or bi and he always laughs and says no. The biggest indicators is that whenever were together he likes to sit very close to me when there is so much room elsewhere and one time we were laying on my bed watching tv and he touched my d*** with his foot and I laughed and said "what are you doing?" And he just looked at me and smirked. We always act very affectionate when were alone and even sometimes at school. One time I asked him if he was gay or bi and he said "only with you bae". He constantly gives me mixed signals about it and even a few family members of mine have asked if he was my boyfriend bc of the things he tells me when were together. Should I get over it or have hope?

2. Saint Otaku

I would just confront him about it a gently demand a straight answer.

3. jrgiants

jrgiants Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm in a sort of similar situation. We were good friends and it got to the point where we were flirting and touching and stuff. I finally built up the courage to tell him I was bi. He took it alright but distanced himself for a while. Now we're getting close again and I don't know where he stands and if he's interested at all. I'm just trying to muster up the courage to tell him how I feel...
    I guess my advice would be to just be honest about your feelings if you think he is worth it. It's true that it may change your friendship but if he's that important to you then I think you should tell him. There's a song lyric that runs across my mind when I think about it, "if you try to preach that ain't nothin but noise, but if you're feeling love reveal it."
    I know it sounds a lot easier than it is... But good luck with whatever you decide to do :slight_smile: