1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some direction right now in my life could you some advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TyTy91, Nov 12, 2013.

1. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Career wise I would like to be either an interviewer for actors, musicians, etc for a small entertainment company (like what you see on yahoo media) those small agencies that interview celebrities on camera and the interviewers AREN'T famous. Or give the public information on entertainment news on the radio or being a receptionist at a radio/TV studio. Or work for an LGBT news/entertainment network. Reason why I picked Communications is because you hardly use any math to get a degree in Communications. With the work that I would like to do I assume I should go for Mass Communications.?

Im not really a good student in school academically, because its pretty complicated, plus having a learning disability, but I realized that you can't go far in life without having an education. Even though I suck at school at least things like art psychology and political science is interesting. I don't like the fact that Im barley a freshman in college and Im 22 but Learning Support takes forever to get through so you can get on level and then start on level college core classes. To be honest my math class is the only thing thats taking me so long to complete. I graduated high school 2010 at 19, started college classes that fall and then in the year 2011 I took a year and half off of school (regret it but I took the risk) so now I went back to school in 2012 to now working part time and going to school part time. It just feels weird that most of my high school classmates are graduating college this year and living on their own and Im feeling left far
    behind. With me probably graduating maybe at age 26-27 and thats old to me.
    I just dont want to be a 30 year old on an entry level job!

The thing of it is Im still pretty stuck, I know that Ive said this
    before but long story short Im still living with my devout jehovah witness parents and I still have to live by their rules. I dont want to be a jehovahs witness anymore. They know that I dont want to be a JW anymore but I dont think they will support me financially if I officially leave the congregation for good currently Im "inactive". I dont know anybody that I can move into I don't have a lot of friends.

Plus I dont know if I can afford college I only have close to $8,000 saved up at thats for my moving out money fund. I dont see how people my age do this, I see people my age traveling moving to cities living on their own with or without roommates either going to school by transferring or just living life. I dont know where they get the money or how they can afford it. At my job the store that I worked at has shut down for good but they transferred me and some of my employees to a store, but im only working part time as usual and getting paid $9.50 an hour.

What am I doing wrong? I want to move out of this house but Im scared
    whats going to happen next, because I dont have a plan and what if I
    have a plan and that goes wrong financially? I would be totally broke and "would have" to move back in with my parents and thats NOT an option its hard that you parents are JW its even tougher when you cant "be gay" in this household. No hanging out with LGBT people no gay bars/ clubs organizations no pride nothing.

Do I have to get a Bachelors or can I just get an Associates degree in
    Mass Communications?
    How can I get through school faster to get my degree quicker if I
    should earn a Bachelors degree?
    How can I afford college without borrowing money with student loans?
    What steps do I need to take if I want to move out and be on my own?
    What should I do for money if I need more income? lol should I strip? lol If Im going to move somewhere how can I make more income that im making now?

Im also scared if I do graduate with a Bachelors degree what if I dont find a job in my field? It wouldve been a waste financially rather than being a receptionist at a TV/Radio studio and work my way up without even going to college and getting a career that way?

2. AKTodd

All right, various thoughts here.

a) Unless you have a time machine, there is no way you can undo your present place in life vs your friends place in life. So your best bet is to stop wasting energy worrying or feeling bad about it and just keep soldering on. If it helps, I did college on the 6yr plan and then spent about 2.5yrs in retail sales hell before getting into an entry level call center job that led to becoming a corporate trainer and then an instructional designer. I don't make gobs of money but I'm comfortable enough and I like what I do.

b) A lot of the people your age that you see with money either have college degrees and so are in full-time jobs that pay more or are up to their eyebrows in credit card debt. Or their family is helping them out. Or some combo of this. You could make more money by working full time but that could kill your dream job thing. And without a degree your earning ability would likely top out fairly quickly unless you were to get into something like working on oil rigs or something that pays well but works you really really hard in less than pleasant conditions.

c) If you want to avoid student loans, then you are probably looking at either working and saving and then going, community college, or scholarships. Or you could do a tour in the military on the GI bill and they will give you money for college. Or some combo of these.

d) You can get through college quicker by taking night classes and/or summer courses.

e) If you want to move out on your own, then you probably need to find one or more roommates. There are roommate matching services online and Atlanta is a major city. I'm sure there're several services available in your area. Having a roommate or two may not be your preferred option, but you basically need to ask yourself what you like less: having roommate(s) as an openly gay man (they may be gay as well btw), or living in the closet with your JW parents?

f) I would suggest talking to a career counselor, doing research online, and attending any job or career fairs being sponsored by your school or local schools or community colleges and seeing if any fields that involve communications are represented. You might also check out the local TV stations or CNN (they're in Atlanta aren't they?) or whatever and see if they can either tell you what they look for in a candidate or what they are hiring for right now.

g) How much money do you actually need? Have you made up a sample budget and worked out what your expenses would be? I'd suggest doing that before getting into how much money you do or don't need or how to earn more. If you have the body and attitude to pull it off, stripping actually is an option (Last I heard a good male stripper could make around 60K a year. I've actually met a couple who did stripping on the side (one stripped, his partner was his manager - for their day job they renovated houses), but I'm assuming the question was rhetorical.

h) Finally, your fears are just that: Fears. Everyone has them in some form or other when starting out. You need to pretty much make a plan and power through them. You can't predict or prevent every bad thing that could happen to you, so you just do the best you can and keep moving forward. The thing you really need to NOT do is let your fear paralyze you. Which it sort of sounds like it's doing.

If you want to achieve your goals or something close to them, you are going to need to sometimes go with options that move you forward even if they aren't ideal -like having a roommate or two to share rent with or going to community college or taking a bit longer to get your degree. Life is like that sometimes. The trick is to chart a course, move forward, adapt and change direction as circumstances change, and try to have fun along the way.

Hope this helps,

Todd

3. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank You for giving me advice Todd! With paying for college Im going to try to get all the grants/scholarships that I can. Im trying to decide if I should move out the state when transferring to another school or something. My biggest fear as far as for education is getting a degree and I wont get a job within that field. That would REALLY depress me.

With moving out with roommates which sites are safe for looking up roommates besides Craigslist. I saw a transitional housing for LGBT here in Atlanta for people ages 17-24 and Im 22. I qualify because of my age but for the rest to enter in I dont know if I would qualify.
    Here is the website Summit Trail Apartment Community : CHRIS KIDS - Unlocking Potential
    Im wondering if I should ask my therapist if it would be a good idea if I could stay there.

To respond to your G) My hours are pretty messed up now so its kind of unstable right now because of the closure of the store I worked at but they transferred me and some of my employees, but my hours had changed so I really dont know about my budget. I really actually dont know how to budget as sad as that is/sounds.
    Wow 60k? Thats a lot I actually dont think I have the body for that Im skinny fat, you know how the LGBT can be superficial

But sadly fear has already paralyzed me thats why im getting help with the therapist im seeing however my therapist sees me like every 2 months with the issues I have I think I should see her more like at least once every 2 weeks.

Again thank you Todd for the advice I REALLY appreciate it! : )

4. AKTodd

I would suggest that it's more important that you get a job you like rather than a job that exactly fits with whatever degree you get. Not to say that you shouldn't have some sort of career in mind when going for a given degree. But life has a way of turning up all sorts of interesting options.

A good friend of mine works for a Fortune 100 company. Her job has taken her all over the world and earns her a six-figure income. Her degree has nothing whatsoever to do with her job.

When I started college, I had no interest whatsoever in teaching (even though several people said I'd be good at it) or living East of the Mississippi. But things shook out such that I work in adult education (corporate training and instructional design) and live on the East Coast. And I love it.

Have a plan, but be open to changing course if it looks worthwhile to do so, basically.

Look up 'Roommate matching services, Atlanta' on Google. In fact, you should consider Google your best friend when considering most things that require research:slight_smile: Do several different searches around different parameters and see what comes up. Explore the ones that seem most promising.

You could also look at the student services center at the local colleges or universities, or in the campus papers. Lots of college students looking for roommates and usually lots of apartments or rental houses in the area. You could also look in the local alternative newspaper or check at the local LGBT center to see if anyone is looking for roommates or to rent a room or the like. I actually made some good LGBT friends and a boyfriend via that last option, when I still lived in Arizona.

I'm not sure about the transitional housing for you. You've not given the impression that your in this sort of situation and I'm apparently missing the LGBT friendly part on the webpage you linked to. But it doesn't hurt to ask, I guess.

Google is your friend:wink: Look up 'how to make a budget' or 'how to manage your money'. Do similar searches on Amazon for books on the subject.

Generally you're going to need to account for things like rent, utilities (unless included in the rent), food, clothing, gas (if you drive), expenses (ranging from toothpaste to cell phone and internet bills), etc. Figure out/find out what each costs in a month and then add it up. Bounce that against your monthly take home pay and see how it works out. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't look good at first. It's a starting point or a goal and then you move forward from there. You need to know where you are to help you plot the trip to where you want to be.

As a starting point, I'd suggest assuming the income you were making when things were more stable job wise. Hopefully your current situation is temporary and anyway you have to start somewhere.

What, specifically, are you afraid of?

Todd

5. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I like to interview people and I would like to interview people in the entertainment industry.
    So youre saying that I should just find other ways to get up to that place where I want to be? Like what you said "life has a way of turning up all sorts of interesting options".?

I mean you do have people in the TV/Radio entertainment industry that went to college but got a degree in something unrelated to what they are doing now.

So how did your friend started the Fortune 100 company when her college degree was unrelated to what she is doing now?

I think all I would like to do is interview people and travel why doing it too.

As regards to the budget Im going to try it, its kind of confusing because I have close to $8,000 but some people tell me thats enough to move out other say its not or that it will but it will last me 3 months max.

I dont know if I told you but the job that I worked at closed down and transferred me to another store and my hours got cut but at least I got a job. But the employees that I now work with, one said that she is trying to find another job as a (vet tech) and just this past thursday another employee said if the schedule doesn't have 40hrs then he is going to get another job. For me Im caught in a limbo state because I want to leave to make more money but I don't know if Im good enough since I suck at a lot of things. The pay that Im getting now as a cashier I can tell you most companies wont pay me that they would pay me lower then what Im earning right now as a cashier and that is $9.50 an hour. Most cashiers make $7.25 to $8.25 an hour. I though about being a receptionist because they get paid a little bit more and I think mostly get paid every week instead of bi-weekly.

What Im afraid of? Im afraid that Im going to fail out in the real world and would have to move back in with my jehovahs witness parents which I DON'T want to do. I am very sheltered, but my parents religion pretty much teaches the parents to shelter their kids. They have a scriptural saying to "not be part of the world"! Where the fear comes in is that, if you are raised in the jehovahs witness religion with your parents and you yourself don't want to be a jw, you will eventually live a double life, however depending on the person and their conscious, they will be nervous/afraid if they get caught of doing something they arent allowed to do. Sometimes the more you do things that a JW wouldnt do the more anxiety/ paranoia will start to kick in because you don't want to get caught by either your parents or people in the congregation because you can get in trouble esp if youre baptized. Anyways having all that fear of getting caught starts to build up like a snowball effect, and can get to the point that fear can "paralyze" you! Your nervous or scared of the most simplest things. As for me I don't practice the jw (jehovah witness) religion anymore and I don't believe in the doctrines anymore. However if someone who isn't a jehovahs witness says jehovah or jehovahs witness, either my stomach drops or my heart rate gets faster or both would happen at the same time if I hear that name. I believe this has to do with my subconscious mind.

This is why Im getting help with my therapist teaching me to not be scared. Its to the point where I want help but scared to reach where I really want to be in life. My therapist encourages me to find a small LGBT group to talk and get to know people, and I still haven't attempted to do that out of fear of my parents finding out, because its possible that I could get my dad in trouble because he is one of the elders and I still live in his house. Not to mention hiding my sexuality for a long time during my pre teen and teenage years and hearing talks (sermons) about gays and homosexuality. Every time when I heard the word homosexuality at the kingdom hall (church) I have that dropping feeling in my stomach.

6. AKTodd

Ok - late here and don't have time to reply fully. Will get back to you tomorrow. Have some thoughts, but gotta get to bed now.

G'nite.

Todd:slight_smile:

7. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  8. AKTodd

Ok, so let's see here...

More along the lines that interviewing people or being involved in the entertainment industry might take lots of different forms, some of which might be different from what you expect. So you should certainly have a goal, but also keep your eyes and ears open for possibilities. Some of which might get you basically what you want but not in exactly the way you imagine it now. Some of which might point you in new directions or introduce you to doing new things you never thought of or thought you'd enjoy but which you might turn out to really like.

I don't know all the details, but she decided that her degree wasn't going to make her any real money so she got into the call center industry (which I work in). Became a trainer in that (she trained me in my first call center job), moved on to a bigger company or two and then made the jump to doing project management which eventually got her into the company she works for now. Since then she's made a bit of a shift into sales.

As a starting point, I'd suggest having the goal of not touching your savings at all or only for very specific things that you really really need or that provide a 'return' that makes it worth the cost.

As far as the budget, start by figuring out an estimate of all the costs that you would have if you were living on your own. Rent, utilities, gas for the car if you have one, public transport if you don't, food, entertainment, miscellaneous expenses. Total that all up and then divide by 12 to figure out how much you need to be making per month. Then start looking at your income or potential income and figuring out if there is a gap between your income and costs. Then start figuring out ways to make your income exceed (or at least meet) your costs.

For a first run at this, assume you are making as much money as you were before your job closed down. It may not apply to your immediate situation, but it's a baseline you've presumably been working with for a while. Once you have the numbers worked out for that, you can try working them with other income numbers to see what you come up with.

Have you considered talking to an employment/temp agency? They might be able to get you in the door at various types of jobs, which let's you try a lot of different things and build up your skills and resume. If you're in school they may be able to do some sort of part-time gig. Or maybe get you something where it's worth your while to work full-time for a while and then go back to school. You won't know until you talk to them and investigate a bit.

Be very very careful about the whole weekly pay thing. I've worked a job that paid weekly. It's easy to fall into the trap of not knowing where your money is going because as long as there's money in the account when a bill comes due , the check will clear. Better to learn to manage your money carefully so the money will be there regardless.

There is a chance that you will fail in the real world. It is 100% guaranteed that you will never succeed if you never try. You can increase your chances of success if you do the research and plan things out carefully. But ultimately you have to take that first step. Note also that it costs you almost nothing (just a little time really) to do that research and make that plan. Nor does either action commit you to anything. So why not get started?

I won't get into a rant on my feelings about parents (or organizations) that believe it's better to keep their children dependent and scared than to teach them how to live in the world. What I would say would be extremely unkind.

As far as getting into trouble...what exactly is your church going to do if you simply walk away and reject everything they believe in? They can't really send people to drag you back, can they?

I'm not sure where your religious beliefs are just now or if you are more of a mind to just reject religion entirely. But have you considered going to some other denomination for support? I'm an atheist, so certainly no fan of religion in any form. But perhaps a support group or counselor of a religious nature, from a denomination that is supportive of LGBT people would be helpful, both on general principles and to maybe help you build a support system away from your parents and your current church?

Hope this helps,

Todd

9. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow I got a txt from an old high school friend of mines she texted me that there is a play and they are doing casting calls and this came out of the blue. IDK if this is a sign for me to go for this, even if I dont get a part in the play maybe I could ask the directors and Casting on advice about the entertainment industry and how to get in it. This is kind of weird it just happened out of nowhere. You said things could go anyway. IDK I think I might go for it this could be my only chance. This is just really weird what you said and now something like this appears, and most likely what I need to get to my dream career. I think Im going to go for this and txt my friend back.

I just don't know what Im going to do for school, at first my plan was just to complete my core classes and then find a internship at casting agency for TV/Film and work my way up. Then I hear that you really need to get a degree in something your interested in either with a Associates Degree or Bachelors which is in Communications or Theatre. Now since Im interested in interviewing and traveling and TV/Film. Im thinking that I should get a bachelors degree in Mass Communications.

I just don't know how I'm going to afford it and care for myself to survive at the same time. I just don't want to be in debt and not knowing the future of a job I would get to pay it off. ill try to get grants and scholarships, I do have ADHD and have documental proof and records that I have this disability and get income for disability. Also with my job only getting 9.50 an hour part time I guess I can apply for food stamps too, I don't like it but hey I guess I might be eligible!

I dont know what I should do, should even go to earn a bachelors, I mean people are graduating college and don't have a job to go to and are drowning in debt and have deadlines to pay for that and I don't want to end up like them but at the same time not having a degree can also be a lose/lose situation no one is really going to hire a non graduate from college. As for education in college is way different than how it was before 30 years ago hell 10 years ago.

What is a employment/temp agency? Do they give people jobs that they can do according to the person skills? I guess your right that I need to research it.

So is biweekly actually a good thing then? If it is I can kind of see why because you have a week that you don't get paid and so I guess you can prepare more and be more organize, however being paid bi weekly gas is a little tricky then because it depends on how many times you drive and or how far you go.

lol I understand that you wouldn't have anything nice to say I totally understand that but I wouldn't mind your opinion.

Well they call you a lot and ask for you but if you still don't return nothing really happens but if its been awhile they will have your status as inactive. Otherwise they will leave you alone, however you do have a lot of elders who would drive around your house to see whats going on or sometimes they will want to stop by but that hasn't happened to me yet.

No they cant send people to drag you back in, but in their minds think that you will eventually come back and sometimes a lot of people do which is sad! And if that person who wanted to adventure out in the real world and was in big trouble or something really bad happened to them they go back home to their parents or go back home to their place and if they go back to the kingdom hall (church) the elders and brothers and sisters would have that mentality "I told you so" attitude.

For me I was pretty much agnostic but now I believe again but I would claim myself as more spiritual than religious. If I had to be religious or follow a religion it wouldnt mix because my beliefs are a mix of everything (Christianity, Buddhism, Taoism, Wiccan) so I would fit in most religious which is fine for me.

I thought about going to another denomination United Church of Christ that denomination is the most liberal denominations of Christianity them and I believe the Episcopalians.

I was thinking of other churches however thats pretty much out of the question now since i live in this house! Why? Well I went on the website of the United Church of Christ to the online store they have books for LGBT I ordered them and had it sent to the house when I was going to be out home but my dad got a hold of it and he saw the United Church of Christ logo and he totally flipped out. So I cant imagine if I went to a church!
    I guess you and my therapist are right that I need to go to a small LGBT support group but its easier said than done, and I believe its me that stopping myself because of my conscious, and this could be a possibility it might be possible that I might meet a future roommate at support group, I don't know.

10. AKTodd

By all means, give it a shot:slight_smile: But don't think of it as your only shot. You're young. Lots and lots of opportunities out there yet.

A degree gets your foot in the door. Many companies are more interested in the fact that you have the discipline and drive to get the degree than what the degree is in (there are exceptions of course). If you're going to get a degree, it's generally a good thing to get it in something you like doing or are interested in.

On a related note, after reading your post, I googled 'casting jobs in Atlanta' and all kinds of stuff came up, including this website:

Film and TV Casting/Crew Jobs | Georgia Department of Economic Development

It seems the state of Georgia has a film office that is there to help with TV and film stuff and jobs. Not surprising really since a major film can bring in a LOT of money to whatever area its being shot in. Anyway, if you scroll down the page you'll find a whole list of casting agencies and such. Probably a lot of other good info on this page as well (I'd suggest giving it a thorough going over) but my thinking was that you might be able to reach out to these and ask them about how to get into the industry. Might even get a job out of it. Never hurts to ask, anyway.

I'd suggest checking out the other websites that came up under that google search and doing modified searches as well to see what you find.

Not gonna lie to you: It won't be easy. But most worthwhile things aren't (and you can sometimes even have fun while doing it). You may be able to get a job on campus or the like. And student loan debt isn't the end of the world (I just paid off mine this year). As far as getting a job out of college: while the job market isn't great now, that isn't a permanent state of affairs. Things could be very different by the time you graduate. You also don't need to graduate and immediately go into your field. Sometimes it takes time and determination, but you can get there in the end.

They're also sometimes called staffing agencies. Basically you go in and sign up with them. They probably put you through a bunch of tests and interviews to determine what skills you have. Then you are basically hired by them to go out and do jobs that their clients need done. You might be stuffing envelops for an insurance company for a month and then be doing office work for a couple weeks and then taking phone calls in a call center for the Xmas season. Or moving furniture. Or whatever. Exactly what you do varies with the agency and what kind of jobs it covers and what your skills are.

Sometimes you will just be sent over and start work, other times the client company will interview you and decide if they want you. Depending on the agency you may also contract with them to find you a full time job (in which case you pay them a fee - in installments if necessary) after you are hired. Or you may just work for them as a temp or contract worker with your pay (and sometimes benefits) coming from the agency itself.

In some cases, the client company may have the option of offering you full-time employment if they like you. You may also have the option of telling the employment agency that you don't like the company you're at and asking them to put you somewhere else. In some ways its a good way to get job experience and try a lot of different jobs out fairly quickly.

As far as details about specific agencies, and what agencies are in your area and how they work and such - research is definitely in order.

Most jobs pay bi-weekly. Some pay weekly, some pay monthly. No matter how often you are paid, you should have a budget that doesn't require you to live paycheck to paycheck. Most especially you should never be in a situation where you are depending on your next check to even pay for basic things like gas. Part of a budget should be figuring how often you need to fill up the gas tank and what that will cost.

You should also consider public transportation or bicycling options when thinking about places to live and work. Even if you own a car, you don't have to drive it everywhere necessarily.

Fair enough - I think that your parents have done you a massive disservice by not teaching you the life skills and basic information to be out on your own at your age. I think that their attempts to keep you dependent and 'away from the world' are one step away from child abuse. I think that any philosophy, belief, or other idea set that is so afraid of or incapable of dealing with the existence of different opinions that it requires its followers to hide from the rest of the human race lest they 'lose the faith' is utterly worthless almost by definition.

You did ask.

Hm. If they are incapable of exacting any significant consequences against you, why should you care what they think about anything? What have they done to earn your respect such that their opinions are of any consequence?

If they have no means of exercising power over you and do not have your admiration, why should you sacrifice your happiness for the sake of their potential opinions?

Unless your parents keep track of you every minute of the day, how can they stop you from going to a church and talking to the pastor or group leader or whatever they call themselves? And this seems like another reason to get out of the house. At which point your parents cease to have any say in what you do with your time.

Why is it easier said than done? What, specifically, is stopping you or holding you back from finding and visiting this kind of support group? Does it make you nervous to think of doing it or is there something your parents are doing to stop you or something else?

I'm sure you can do this. I have confidence in you:slight_smile: Just keep pushing forward.

Todd:slight_smile:

11. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I found out that the play its pretty much a gospel play I started to think twice but you never know where gospel takes you. At least the my friend from high school is who is helping directing this play already knows that Im gay and she's accepting too.
    I hope I have a lot of opportunities for my sake.
    IDK why I feel old even though Im 22, but then again its probably because how I've been raised with my parents in the sense I haven't really "lived" and did what people and their late teens were doing. Plus it seems like the people who are around my age are maturing with all the experience that they've had in their lives and me not exploring which is honestly my fault.

Thank You so much for giving me that link! : ) However I'm starting to think if I should really go to college to get a degree now and just intern at the places that are listed on the website you've given me.

I have notice that they have filmed a lot of movies here Tyler Perry productions is here also they are filming Dumb Dumber 2 here in ATL also they are filming the next Hunger Games here right now as we're typing right now.

I guess you're about the college debt thing and going to college and that its not the end of the world because at the end of the day the economy goes up and down and can change forms once its okay but the economy always finds its way back.

For me I would like to live my dream and that is to live comfortably and when I say that I would be happy with me having a good job that I love or at least interested in, living in a studio or 1 bedroom apartment, a car that I can depend on, paying my bills on time, go on a vacation once in a while and finally to be my true self thats all I want. Its just Im trying to get out of the hole (living here with my parents) and Im trying to figure out the first step towards what I want, I don't know where to start from.

With the agencies that is what I need because to take test and to see what my skills are its kind of hard not knowing what your good at and what your personality is.
    Wow so if the my job at the grocery store is going to close again, I will consider doing this so I can find a better job. : )

With the whole public transportation thing, I would but I live way out in the suburbs I would take public transportation if I lived in the city though. I really don't have a problem with taking public transportation sometimes you need a brake behind the wheel! If I lived in NYC or Chicago I would take the train or bus.

With my parents raising me and sheltering me to the MAXIMUM, Im wondering are there any books on what to expect in the real world like financial books ect on how to live in the real world?

With the elders I dont care what they think but it seems that I need to disassociate myself from the religion so mentally I can be a more free and depart from the religion in my control and not just stop going because to me it seems like im a coward and not facing them and for once Im doing something for me instead of following somebody else. This is just me finally expressing myself. I plan on disassociating myself from the religion next year but I still wont able to afford to live on my own if I move out so Im still stuck, thats why I really need to figure out how much I really need to move out.

Who knows maybe I really need to quit my job at the grocery store and go to the employment agency that could give me a better job that I can easily do and not get fired from and make more money so I can save up quicker and move out in a shorter time or to move out now and start living my life. Plus at the store I work at had cut down on everyones hours. Its just scary if I do quit because you never know the future what if Im better right now then what I might consider by quitting the job at the grocery store.

You know what I think you're right with the church and again by going to a church that supports LGBT could somehow change my life and living situation. : )

The reason I said its easier said than done you guessed it , it does make me nervous to think of doing it because I really never really participated in anything LGBT like support groups or clubs and pride.

Hopefully I would have enough confidence in myself so finally make a move!