1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Gay/Lesbian and not being very sexual?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by PurpleClover, Nov 13, 2013.

1. PurpleClover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering about what people perceive Lesbian or Gay relationships to be like versus what they actually are? I mean that in terms of being "sexual" in general. Like alot of people think that if you are gay then you "must" me overly sexual with your partner(or must have had sex with them). But for me I can be in love with a woman and not feel the need to be extremely sexual. My attraction is more to the person versus having to have some sort of sexual act (hardly at all really). Does this make sense??? Almost like being an "Asexual Lesbian" LOL I am so confused...

2. blond

Well i'm the same way. I like men but i'm just not really a sexual person either. So yeah it does feel confusing at first.

3. Lipstick Leuger

You don't have to be nothing but sexual. Most relationships do start off having lots of sex, but not always. Then they taper down anyhow. It's ok to take yoru time with sex, no one gets to tell you how to run your sex life. Some people love sex, but others do not want it often at all, and both are normal. If you and your partner agree on how often and such who is to way it's not normal?

4. apostrophied

I'm pretty sure I'm the same as you. I want to be in a relationship for the connection more than for the sex (although I'm sure I'd want at least *some* sex lol). But the human connection (emotional, but also plain kissing and holding hands) is what I crave the most.

Thank you so much for posting, I'm glad to see I'm not alone!!

5. it varies person to person.

i know im only sexually attracted to people i know really well... idk friendship comes first then the more i get to know someone i get attracted to them its weird. i cant date someone i dont really know, im a bit odd. even then when i know someone i dont want sex a lot, i guess my sex drive is just low...

some people like sex a lot others dont. everyone is different. dont worry :slight_smile:

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually enjoy the emotional connection that I have with my girlfriend better more than sex itself. I'm not sure why, but I'm not all that interested in sex (receiving), but I don't mind giving. Perhaps, it's due to my girlfriend's lack experience, which ends up turning me off.

I mean, you could always spice things up a bit and focus more on foreplay, leave it at that and be satisfied. Then again, you could be asexual or have a low sex drive. I love kissing, hugs, cuddling and teasing more than anything and it's satisfying.

#6 pinklov3ly, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013