1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed messages

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by danobi, Nov 14, 2013.

1. danobi

Ok, in September when I got backk to school/college/sixth form or whatever, I fell for this guy called Javier but I never told him anything (still haven't) I just ended up staring at him a lot and then he started staring back and our eyes would meet and we'd look away and then he started saying hi and stuff, so I felt the need to also, and then we started talking very little and stuff and I thought we'd progress from there maybe at least become good friends (we're in the same form/homeroom class So I see him every morning and I thought this would be perfect) but alas no, like 2 weeks ago he started avoiding me and tries to keep our conversations as short as possible and I don't know why! Sometimes he'll randomly stand by me and stare into my eyes others he'll completely ignore me, im just so confused, he's giving me such mixed messages and then he asked for my friend (a girl) number and I thought "Ok He's straight, forget it" but then the next day he comes and sits right across from me at break and again with the staring. Its kind of making me mad now, I would just like some closure or something, its like hes playing games with me.:bang::bang::bang::***: still cant help but like him though.

2. XBallantine

You have to consider that these mixed messages may unfortunately not be mixed messages at all. Sometimes if we like someone that much we misunderstand their actions in favour of what we desire it to really be.
    If I could tally the amount of regular awkward stares I have had with straight guys...let me just say, it would be pretty long. People are inquisitive creatures and we all stare out of curiousity for some reason, unrelated to being attracted to the person. For example, I stare at alot of women but I don't particularly like them. In fact I get worried they may think that way.
    In saying that, there always is a possibility he IS interested in you. Give it time and talk to him more. You may even want to consider initiating the conversations with him. Chances are you may be over thinking and he isn't ignoring you. Again, back to my theory that you may be over analysing the situation in favour of what your ideal reality is.
    But yeah, make the first step in the friendship to find out more about him. Start at least by establishing a good friendship I guess :slight_smile:

3. danobi

Ok, Ok will do, just one question though, if we dont really talk that much, and have no mutual friends on facebook is it weird if I add him?

---------- Post added 15th Nov 2013 at 10:05 AM ----------

Ok, Ok will do, just one question though, if we dont really talk that much, and have no mutual friends on facebook is it weird if I add him?

---------- Post added 15th Nov 2013 at 10:05 AM ----------

4. XBallantine

Well me personally, I would try to get to know them more first in real life. It seems to me that you've had a few face to face encounters with him, so it shouldn't be incredibly hard the next time you see him, to make some small talk. Perhaps, on something you may think he likes, e.g. Recent sport match, current event, something going on in your school etc.

I think people are more generally accepting to new friends than some may think. I certainly get flattered that someone wants to talk to me, irrespective of sexual orientation. So this generally should not be an exception. Good luck :slight_smile:

5. danobi

Yeah, I probably was over thinking and reading into something that wasn't there. Come monday I'll try to initiate some deeper conversation and maybe move to becoming friends first. Thanks for the advice :grin: