1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The eternal crush...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by drewf91, Nov 14, 2013.

1. drewf91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, I just wanted to post this because it's something that recently has come out and stunned me. I used to have serious debilitating feelings for my best friend and in the end the only way to deal with it was to stop being around him. I eventually told him, after convincing my self on every chance that he was gay like me and liked me as well. Anyway, he was okay with it, (though i do feel that it destroyed his comfortability with me/plus i began becoming obessive about who he hang out with and why he wasn't ALWAYS with me "ya know subconciously thinking he was my BF)....
    Anyway I wound up getting away and doing very well for a while, back in school and doing... okay for myself. Haven't been able to incorperate my sexuality into my life aside from my thoughts, but im only 20...
    However, I recently had a dream that he was in and I can't remember much of it, but I remember thinking something about something and all of a sudden we held hands and I couldn't get it out of my head... Something so simple has sparked these feelings back up like they never were gone and i dont know what to do...

Is it normal to just all of a sudden relive the crush that never was anyone and like... idk haven't been dealing with it well... :dry:

2. ryanalexander61

Haha this has happened to me too! Trying to get over a crush, stop talking to him, doing well and poof! I have a dream about him! Suffice to say, there is only so much we can control and just gotta keep doing what is right for us.

3. Thursby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Strangely enough, this has also happened to me lol. Sometimes hearing their name (even if it wasn't them specifically) or something mundane sparks a thought of them. I've been dealing with this for the past few months.

I can say there is a "light at the end of the tunnel". As time passes, our mind begins to forget about this person. New experiences and people enter our life. Before we know it, these little triggers lose their effects on us and then stop altogether.

The best advice I can give you is to just be patient with yourself.

#3 Thursby, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  4. drewf91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good to know others experience this and yes haha i can see the light. Use to be seriously depressed over this and it barely fazed me just through me offf

5. Ludlow

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I remember my Exes all the time, dream and even fantasize about them. I don't think there is anything wrong with it really as long as you can separate the fantasy from reality.

I love the one I am with and wouldn't change her, but sexual feelings are there for others all the time. You have to deal with them some how

6. Hrantou

Hahaha wow that has so happened to me too! After my first love crushed me in high school, I left school and struck out on my own. After a while, I had a dream that me and him were cuddling and looking at the stars. It came out of no where and I woke up the next day thinking about him and wondering how he was doing. I was like that for about 2 weeks. That dream brought up a lot of feelings I left behind.

My advice: Just don't think about it. Keep on doing what you're doing and remember that you are doing well for yourself now and don't let a dream get you down :slight_smile: