1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A guy that goes to my school died..

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by musicalshyguy, Nov 15, 2013.

1. musicalshyguy

There was this guy that goes to my school, he got in a very bad car accident last night and died this morning around 8:50 AM. We used to go to elementary school together. We were never really close, but I feel horrible. I saw my friends crying and I tried to stay strong. On the bus on the way home from school I broke down and started crying. I didn't want anyone to see me. My question is, why does God take away the people we love most? Why can't it be me that he took, not poor Kadam who was having a great life! He touched a lot of people at that school. Why is life so short???

2. apostrophied

I'm so sorry for your loss. I agree, it's so frustrating not to understand God's ways, especially in difficult times.

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really sorry to hear that :frowning2:
    Stay strong and support your friends
    I hope you're ok

4. Tyrael

I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know if there is anything I can say to help. Personally I don't believe in god so it's hard for me to answer your question but I believe that these bad things in life don't happen for any reason. Life is beyond our control and the things that happen within it are often difficult to predict. I don't think it would be made better by you having died instead. You have your own life to live and I hope you go on to make the very best you can of it, and be happy. Stay strong for your friends in school and try to offer support and I'm sure they will reciprocate. Time heals all things as they say, but a positive attitude will carry you well in life. I hope you are able to feel better soon.

5. William

I actually lost a best friend of mine last year. He drowned. They always say the good die young. Why? So they don't have to live on this fucked up planet.

6. im so sorry (*hug*)

7. Emulator

I'm sorry. Things like that happen, and while people don't know why, all will be right in the end. I have lost a few acquaintances in the past as well, but life has to go on. (*hug*)

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You ask the central question of religion (and its central weakness): why bad things happen to good people...

To say that it is God's will is to skirt the issue. The Book of Job (where the devil makes a bet with God that Job, a faithful and prosperous man will reject God if everything is taken away from him), written thousands of years ago, addresses the same question. Essentially it puts a stop to the idea that if you do good things you will be spared tragedy. The story ends with Job, still faithful after having lost his family and his wealth, but it ends also with a description of the majesty of creation, which, I think is probably the only answer to your question.

We are born into a mystery and we will leave here no wiser as to why we exist at all.