1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DK22, Nov 17, 2013.

1. DK22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone

I have been in a relationship for over 2 years now. we met online and have been together for a while. He broke it off with me once because he said he wasn't "romantically attracted to me" anymore. we were separated for about a month and we got back together. I thought things were going ok but it seems that according to him, "I'm a distraction." I have done everything for him, since he doesn't have a job and I do, I pay for everything and drive everywhere.

I have been hurt by several relationships in my life, one in which the guy sent me a video of him and his new boyfriend having "relations" on the day he broke up with me.

I am just scared because I don't want to be hurt again and I don't know what to do.

I don't know what to do. it has kept me up at night to where I have gotten little or no sleep and I have even cried myself to sleep and in a couple of cases, I have even wet my bed.

Please, any help that anyone can give is greatly appreciated

thank you very much.

2. Nick07

The most important thing is to think about where your boundaries and limits are. And then keep them.
    I know that for the person we like we are often willing to do a lot. Unfortunately, there are people who will be willing to use your caring nature.

Don't sacrifice and don't do anything desperate to keep him around. Such relationship is not healthy anyway.
    Being a distraction is not good. Perhaps it's time to stop taking the relationship seriously and stop seeing it as promising. Maybe you could slowly make the transition from boyfriends to friends? Make yourself more independent?

I am sorry. I would love to tell you what to do to keep him as your boyfriend, but do you really want to be a distraction? You deserve better. I know it hurts. Two years are a lot of time and memories.

But even if you break up, the time together was not wasted (*hug*)

Please don't let him walk over your heart (*hug*)

3. DK22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you very much for the advice nick. I think that's what I'm going to do if he doesn't beat me to the punch. It's just soo frustrating for me. I thought I had found the one for me.:dry::lol::lol::help: