1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fake it till you make it

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LongMayIReign, Nov 17, 2013.

1. LongMayIReign

I've always lived by the fake it till you make it mindset in school and life and more recently regarding my sexuality. I have never particularly loved school so I just plaster on a smile and act like I'm enjoying it. For the past 4 years my main goal, my 'make it', was to attend a prep or boarding school. That was what kept me going. That didn't financially work out however and now I feel lost. I don't have the motivation or major goal that I used to. I'm not even sure if I want to go to college. That goal was what kept me functioning emotionally and mentally and physically.

Now school is a waste. I hate it. The only things I look forward to are seeing my friends (who I'm not out to so it kinda sucks) and prom and fun trips. Most of my teachers are hypocrites and my French teacher and I have VERY differentiating views. I made a recent post that my grades are dropping and that is one of the effects. I just don't see a point of being locked in a building 7 hours a day.

That sparked the idea of homeschooling in my mind. I wouldn't have to conform to illogical curriculums, I could learn in a way that worked for me, and I could spend more time at my dance studio.

Are these legitimate reasons for considering homeschooling? Am I just going through a lowpoint? How do I find a major goal again? My mom says I just have a negative mindset and that I'm unappreciative and unwilling to consider my options. Is she right? Isn't homeschooling another option? Is this all just because I'm in the closet?