1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I hate my body?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Stridenttube, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Okay, so I'm a little overweight and since I lost 90 pounds I need to tone up and whatever.

Anyway, I was watching a video on YouTube and what they said kind of hit me hard. The reason me and most other people feel the need to be perfect all the time is because there are so few of out there (about 4 percent) that I feel that if I'm anything less than perfect that I will miss out on my chance.

Anyone else feel the same way? In fact, is anyone here actually comfortable with how they look?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've started working out a bit and aside from my embarrassingly-feminine hourglass shape >.< I think I look pretty good.

But I don't think that the rarity of gays works against you. Quite the contrary, just the knowledge that somebody might be into me makes me more attracted to them in return. :wink:

3. Ridiculous

Yeah, you're looking at it in the wrong way! The fewer people there are to choose from, the less likely you're going to be turned down for something superficial like appearance.

4. Thursby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm familiar with these feelings. What helps is to understand that no one is perfect. Unfortunately, we live in a society that pressures us to fit a certain mold (otherwise we are deemed unworthy or undesirable). Everyone has flaws and quirks, but that's what makes this world so interesting. Those little imperfections are what make a person beautiful and unique. It defines who they are as a human being. Imagine how boring life would be if everyone looked and acted the same.

If you don't like something about yourself change it, but don't nitpick and beat yourself up over it. Doing that is actually counter-productive. Change is opening yourself up for new experiences. By being negative, you are only closing yourself off from potential opportunities.

As soon as you start embracing yourself completely the better. Things will start changing for you. I look at it this way.. I haven't been in a relationship because I'm not fully ready for it. When I am ready, it will happen.

My advice: Don't worry about the statistics of finding someone. It will happen when its meant to. If you want to work on yourself, go for it! But don't forget what's on the inside is just as important as what's on the outside.