1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling lost...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by mpac21, Nov 17, 2013.

1. mpac21

Hey all,

I don't mean for self pity here but I just feel kind of lost in life right now. I do have a job as a library assistant which I do enjoy, though I'm only part time (job-share) right now. I'm right now applying to be a flight attendant for a major airline though they appear to be on a hold right now. This is a dream of mine. I've also passed the Foreign Service Officer Exam for the US State Department and am working on furthering in that way as well right now ( I just feel not having a BS/BA will possibly hurt me?)..I dont know if this is impatience or something else right now

I've attempted post-secondary school, but feel it really is not for me, I just do not have an interest in it. I do love education, and I do love learning about the world around us, just not the way one is typically taught in a classroom. The most I see myself getting one day is an Associates Degree... With most of my peers going through that process I feel like something is wrong with me in not wanting to continue in getting a certification in that way right now, as if I'm a slacker in some way I suppose...I just really can't stand the tedious paper writing, homework, exam routine of learning...

I just want people to be truthful in if I should really be looking to get a bachelor's degree...is there some lack of motivation on my part in not wanting to go forward with that right now? I want truthful answers....I just feel i'm in a god damn rut right now :bang: Just not in a good place I suppose... :icon_redf

2. misseuphoria

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh dont worry about self pity people are going through real life things!

---------- Post added 17th Nov 2013 at 11:52 PM ----------

I would just force yourself to do it i mean you do want it right? you have to force yourself like your mind will say no but you say hey lets knock this ish out! Just make sure you are doing what you truly want to do i have been in college twice and I left because it was not what I truly wanted to do.