1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to scream it aloud

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by English Frenchman, Nov 18, 2013.

1. English Frenchman

This isn’t so much a question or a support threat as it is a way for me to vent. So, just a warning in case you don’t want to waste your time reading this.

I want to scream aloud “I like guys as well as girls!”. I want to be able to not have to care about it, to be able to tell a guy he’s cute, good looking, to look in his eyes. I want the, I want that. I feel so bloody greedy by wanting these things. I shouldn’t feel guilty. Everyone should have these same rights to do as they please. But this place, this evil, vile, corrupting place. It pervades everything, even your basic human needs.
    Everything about this place seems to be homophobic. The people, the attitude, the animals, the plans, even the Sun that beats down upon my face. It seems to want to strike me down for some unholy act that I’ve committed under its gaze. The same sun that caressed my face in Spain or in the US when I was letting myself be who I truly am.
    There are few cultures that make you feel as impure and as sinful as this. There are also few cultures as hypocritical. Bah, out with political correctness. Damn it to the wind, I say!
    Unless there is some radical change - there is no hope for Africa. There, I said it. It goes against every moral fibre for me to say it, but I said it.
    How can a country even be considered for development, when they burn their population alive? What’s worse, is that it isn’t sparked by a religious hatred. Yes, some of them have been instilled from the Church or Islam. But many are just Voodoo practitioners. It’s thus a true and utter hate of homosexuality that drives to them to such acts. They have no motivation except “We don’t like that”.
    I dream as everyone else on this website dreams. I dream of being accepted for the nature of my affections. I dream of regularity and acceptance.
    There is no point dreaming. Not in a place where nonconformity is a sin beyond that of murder. Not in a place where thought crime is already in action.
    Careful, Big Brother Africa is watching you.
    Yet, Big Brother is a hypocrite. He’s a bloody hypocrite. Because who know what happens behind the closed doors of power?

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yikes. The good news for you personally is that you will be out of there soon!

As for the rest of Africa, it's going to take a long time for things to get better. The scorn of the world toward Russia's policy is encouraging, but we need more than scorn and a focus on places smaller and less powerful than Russia.

I wish I had some words of encouragement for you, but all I can say is "No freedom til we're equal, damn right I support it."

3. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So essentially the oppressed have become the oppressors.

That'd be funny if it wasn't getting people killed.