1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Yet Again a Money Problems from two names on property

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GivePeaceAChanc, Nov 19, 2013.

1. I am not even sure where to start, We were together for 12 years and we had bought a house together. Both of our names were on it. And then she committed suicide. After that both I and the house fell apart. So I ended up short selling it.

For this I ended up being sent a check of $1000 - which I was unable to cash

she had to co-sign it - for obvious reasons I am unable to get that signature

now they send me another notice - I am able to sue the bank for the fact that they overcharged an mistreated me while I had a loan with them - IF she co-signs the suit

will this ever end?

and the worst part of it all is the constant reminder that her fathers wife was the cause of it all :***: :tantrum:

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    there must be a sensible solution under such circumstances

do you have someone to ask who is a lawyer, and would be cheap fee? or a citizens advice centre?

3. I did go in the last time - what I needed to do was probate the whole thing - even to do that minimum no lawyer just on my own - in small claims was $500, plus putting it paper which will charge a fee

plus then this give the womon who did started the whole mess to show up and contest everything about it and the kids she had that we were raising together (3 - 2 boys and a girl) they would get part of any thing if they want - remember they were really small at the time)

#3 GivePeaceAChanc, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
  4. ryanalexander61

So did your partner have a will? And I assume you lived in California? And I will assume the bank foreclosed on you?

5. I am afraid we had done no wills or anything like that, we just were together

but the house was in both of our names, we also had a massive number of credit cards in both of our names (turned out she had some just in hers also)

I ended up declaring bankruptcy afterwards, they did not foreclose, I kept making payment, they did not want to foreclose as the house was worth $10,000 and the loan was for over $15,000 AND the market was dead (I lived in a town where there were 105 people) and no on wanted to move there (but I considered it heaven.) but I had to pack up and leave it as the house fell apart.

then when I moved to the city - I found living in the city was basically :***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***:

6. ryanalexander61

I would seek out the help of free or low cost legal service which many law schools would have resources to help you. And yes, without a will her assets (including her share of the $500) would pass intestacy to her closet surviving relatives, which would be her children or her father depending on their age.