1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Completely led off track on project

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Tzoa, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Tzoa

Hi everyone.

My lab partner and I have been working on a project for the last month. We've had discussions with our instructor, who okayed all of our ideas. We had a slight hiccup a while ago, because there is NO research on the very specific, narrow topic we had. We told the instructor this. She said it's fine, we just have to make our own conclusions. So we did, and last week I told her exactly what we'd do. She said okay. We turned it in a day early and received an e-mail saying that our project isn't on topic.

We told her everything we would do, and she was alright with it. But now suddenly it's all wrong? We sent her an e-mail asking what exactly was wrong (as her e-mail was really vague). No response yet, and we don't expect to get one tonight. The project is due tomorrow at 12:30 and we don't know what to do. I've been doing more research tonight, but still... nothing.

One friend suggested I take this up to the head of the science department. I really don't want this to go that far, but neither myself nor my lab partner can afford to get a 0 on this project.

We feel like we've been led to believe we were doing the right thing, but now, the night before it's due, we're basically told we need to start completely over. Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this? I'm really freaking out.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only way you'll find yourself excused from either the lateness or incorrectness of your project is by talking to the professor/head of department ASAP.
    Do what you can tonight to fix it, but like you said, it's pretty hard to re-do a months work in one night.

If they don't excuse the lateness/incorrectness, c'est la vie. You'll live to see another day.

Good luck; hope it gets resolved.