1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, What do I do next!?!?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by danobi, Nov 21, 2013.

1. danobi

Ok, so before I made a post about this guy I liked that kind of showed the slightest interest in me, and I thought I was over analyzing things as I usually do.

But today! I ran into him after school and usually we just say hi and hi-f or shake hands and move on but today he initiated conversation, and then I walked and took the bus with him and we had a long conversation (nothing sexual or about love in anyway) and I'm so happy about it.

But.

We keep on having these awkward silences where we're not saying anything and are just glancing at each other, and I wanna be able to sustain a good conversation and keep him interested (I'm usually quite talkative and interesting but around him I turn to jelly and cant even talk loud).

Can anyone give me ideas/topics/advice on what to talk about with a crush please?

P.S. Love you guys and this website, hasn't even been a week and I feel so much better/safer.

2. XBallantine

Hey!

Aw I can totally relate! As cliche as it seems, I would just honestly be yourself. Don't have inhibitions in saying things you normally would with you friends and just go with the flow. I had made the mistake by following the "talk about the things he likes/is into" advice, and I can say that I pretty much dug my own grave as I brought up a topic I was totally unfamiliar with, resulting into me pretending to understand, sigh.
    Eventually with more time with him, you'll find something in common and you'll always have something to talk about!

Also, sometimes if we like someone, we may over think the situation. These awkward silences may not actually be awkward for him. Just like you, I sometimes feel the need to ensure that there isn't a dull moment with me and my crush. On the other hand, with me and my friends, conversations can die for as long as five minutes, but I have grown to live with it and not think anything of it, because I know they are my friends and Im not really wanting to impress them or anything. So just a thought :slight_smile:

3. danobi

Well thanks for that but I don't think hes uhh "interested in anything" as he says, I was talking to him today and he just wants to focus on school work and not relationships (I asked him if there was any girls he liked in our school) I feel kinda broken and upset but I'm still gonna talk to him and at least become friends. *sigh* I hate this. Im also still not sure if he likes guys, but he's constantly staring at me as If he wants to talk to me. Im probably over analysing.

4. penguin machine

Be a good friend first and foremost. You'll make more meaningful connections in the long run and get much better interactions in the short run. As I always say, if you don't earn him as a friend, you don't deserve him as a boyfriend. So be the best you you can be, regardless of whether or not he fancies you.