1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Kind of Gay Do You Want to Be?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Bear101, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Bear101

So, in the process of figuring out my life, I've been doing some thinking.

I've seen it on some other boards something to the effect of "We're gay. We shouldn't be limited to straight people's thoughts on marriage and relationships."

So, I'm thinking about some serious questions.

Do I want to be in a relationship with a man? Or would I rather date around? If just dating, how much do I want the date to be about sex vs. relationship.

If I choose to be in relationship with someone, do I want it to be monogamous, open, semi-open, or some other definition.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out what my beliefs are vs. what societal norms are.

Does anyone else do this deep style of thinking? Or am I insane? (and the two are not exclusionary).

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I think everyone does this deep style of thinking. However, what each person wants tends to be slightly different. You are analyzing a very fundamental part of life, so cut yourself some slack!

3. wanderinggirl

Yup I had all of those. I think what happens usually is you try something, and if it feels right you continue doing that thing and if it feels wrong you stop and try something else. This deep thinking will never replace valuable real world experience, as scary as experience is. There is no way around it.