1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can i forget?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Drago2012, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Drago2012

Hey everyone,
    I'm going to try to be as rated E as I can with this, but I don't know who else to ask, all my friends have told me many things, but I do not feel much better, and I find myself crying a lot.
    Last week I met a guy (really hot btw, Irish, blue eyes lol), at a bar, and we immediately clicked, it was awesome. We talked for hours and had a lot to drink. He told me that he had never been with a guy before, but he was very curious, so I took him to my place. We had a LOT of fun for about 5 hours... It was the best, you know what, of my life (though considering I just came out, my experiences are not to broad) and as far as I can tell, so did he. We both showered together and then went to bed. Before I started falling asleep, he got really closed to me and cuddled me, something that I had never experienced from a guy. He caressed me, for what seemed like hours and eventually we both fell asleep.
    Next morning, I had to go to work so I took him home, and since it was VERY early in the morning, we really didn't say much to each other. After I get out of work, I texted him though FB to find out that he had blocked me ( I really never got his number, because I didn't feel the need). This confused me tremendously because I know we both had an amazing time together. I have no idea why he simply disappeared, and I feel absolutely devastated,:tears:
    I really don't know what I did wrong... and I can't get him of my head because he was all I've envisioned myself with for a while... I really didn't know him that well, but from that one night felt like I did.... I know time heals wounds, but it really, really hurts...
    I know where he lives, but I don't think going to his place would be a good idea, right?
    Any help?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

i hate to break it to you but it sounds like he just wanted a one time thing. hence why he blocked you after. it can sting quite a bit, especially if that's not what you were expecting. but i think the best way to get over it is to just realize its his loss any way for not getting to know you better

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really sorry to hear about what happened, and I'm sure it hurts a lot.

The important thing to know here is... you almost certainly didn't do anything wrong. My guess is that what happened was that, under the influence of the alcohol, he allowed himself to experiment with a guy, which he'd never done... and when he woke up, sober, he was absolutely horrified because he probably hasn't accepted or acknowledged that he's attracted to guys.

So (for the moment at least) rather than accept it and work through it, he chose to do his best to erase all connection to what he did, in the hopes that he won't have to think about it. I've known a number of guys who, when just coming out, did similar things.

Of course, that won't work, and I guarantee that he's thinking about you and about what he did as well... but he's probably also hating himself and trying desperately to convince himself he's straight.

You could send him a short letter and just say something like "I know this was all new to you, and it was probably upsetting. Whether you're straight, gay, or somewhere in between, I care about and respect you, and whether or not you decide you're into guys, I'd still be happy to be your friend." Assuming, of course, you would be OK with just being his friend.

Other than that, letting it go and moving on is about the only other option.

4. Drago2012

Thank you for the quick answer. What really hurts the most is that even after being with a girl for three years, I never had experienced such amazing feeling as 1 night with this guy.... but, Chip, You're probably right. As a "straight" guy he must be going through a giant inner conflict.
    I seem to always think is something I did, and I tend to forget it doesn't necessarily have to be something I did.
    TY:icon_wink